1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Purchasing Help Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

Hello I need to purchase something that is only sold and shipped to an address in Canada, it costs $250.00 I am happy to PayPal someone money and then give them $50 extra for their time and effort. I then can create a label and have it shipped to me...
    This is a serious healthcare item and the USA has not approved it's use. It is experimental, but I don't care...
    Let me know if any Canadian's might be inclined to help..... Thanks

2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about medecine ?
    Might be hard to find someone willing to do such thing.

3. How quick can you get it delivered or is it stocked at pharmacies? I’ll be there tonight and back in the US Wednesday am. PM me what it actually is and not to say I’ll take your word for it but I’ll check before I either ship it or bring it across the border and ship it. If it can be shipped from Canada after being shipped to an address in Canada I’m sure one of my buddies could take care of that.
    Lots of medications, even though experimental in the US can be brought over 100% legally without a prescription, but as stated above I’ll make sure of that first before I do anything.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. Critter

Critter Registered

Its not medication its a small mail order medical device they are using in the NFL right now but won't sell in the USA...

5. Critter

Critter Registered

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thats an interesting concept. I didn’t see documentation on how much the ICP is elevated.

K51000 likes this.
  7. Ok so I doubt it can be there in time for me to bring it across and ship it from the us (much easier). Let me see what I can do for you.

8. Critter

Critter Registered

I have not see documentation either, but I have seen at least one NFL player wearing it, so I figured for the why not

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I can definitely help someone want to protect his/her brain.
    I should be going down before the Holiday season to ship stuff to the USA (and collect) and could help in that matter.
    I live in Quebec, J3N-1C4, if that helps.
    Just can't garantie which day I will be heading down but need to make it before the 23rd.

Cheers
    Alex

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If Baconator falls through I can help you out.

11. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’m an athletic trainer.........the stuff they come out with.......I hope it works out for you

12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

So, increasing Intracranial pressure protects the brain from injury? And what about increased bleeds, etc? So it uses juggler/neck compression to accomplish this task? By how much? I'm skeptical. Oh wait, an NFL player is using one? I'm sure he/she's doing it for free? Maybe it works, good luck

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Anyone here acquainted with the term "snake oil salesman?" :D

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Canuck here that can help you out possibly. Would you want me to order it and then you refund me?

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I see no references on the website to any NFL player using this, I do see some CFL and Canadian college player references. There is also a lot of weasel words, “could reduce” and “may reduce”.

16. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

I'm all for concussion prevention but I think there are some pretty simple fluid dynamic principles that would explain why this won't work as intended.