1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmobiles?

Discussion in 'General' started by burnham, Dec 9, 2019.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

This x100000

2. CRA_Fizzer

Never had an issue fogging. The problem w/ a lot of helmets is there is no airflow. So when you breathe, they instantly fog.

I was one of those trail ripping, ditch banging guys. So much fun until you come up on some dumbass that won't move over. Have had to tap them in the rear to get there attention. :)

ducnut likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yeah it's kind of like riding Harleys.
    (Harley guys) Where are we riding to? I dunno, I just filled up but I'll need gas in about 100 miles. Hey is there a bar near that gas station? There is great! Hey is there a bar on the way to the gas station? There is great we'll stop for a couple beers. 3 hours later repeat said plans.

(Snow guys) Where are we riding to? I dunno, this trails sucks it's all whooped out, when's the groomer going to come by? Where's the gas station and bar? Hey is there a bar near that gas station, I'm cold? Hey is there a bar on the way to that gas station? There is great we'll stop for a couple beers. 2 hours later repeat said plans.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't know who you ride with but none of the people I ride with drink at all on sleds or bikes. Maybe you need some friends that aren't alcoholics. :Poke:

masshole likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That factory dude was the only sled to pass us. I knew he was behind me, because I could hear his pipe and the reflection on the inside of my windshield. I immediately moved over. When he got up on my buddy, my buddy picked it up, thinking it was me wanting to go faster. When he looked back, he got an awakening with seeing this dude standing. He moved over and that dude effortlessly rode off. Several miles up, the dude was stopped at an intersection looking at his map. We stopped for a break and apologized for holding him up. He was super-cool and went on to explain who he was, that he was a factory racer, and shared a little about the sled he was riding. It was crazy, compared to what we were on, as it was factory owned and maintained, premix fuel, remote reservoir shocks, handmade chambers, billet components all over it, and so forth. I love seeing stuff like that, no matter what it’s on. He definitely left a positive impression on me about how the sledding community can be, as opposed to the bar hoppers.

6. CRA_Fizzer

So who was the dude on the Ditch Pickle? Was it T-Train?

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Too many years ago to remember, especially since I’m not in the sled world.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Anybody asked Elon's opinion on this?....

tl1098 likes this.
  9. CRA_Fizzer

And you thought a Yamaha RX1 was heavy... They called it the "One Ton" for a reason. Buddy of mine has one. Fast as fuck, sounds awesome, but damn, you really need to brake hard into a corner and then steer with the rear.

10. Banditracer

I've got a friend that has one. You don't want to get that fucker stuck... :crackup:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have one brother with an RX1 and another brother with a new SkiDoo 800cc 2 stroke. The SkiDoo will absolutely smoke the Yamaha, especially from a standstill. The Yamaha does have nice power once it's moving, it does get much better fuel economy though.

12. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Unless you're dead set on buying new, I have a 2014 skidoo in excellent shape. It's a 900 ACE GSX (4T). Adult ridden on groomed trails. 12,000 miles and runs like a top. Heated grips, thumb throttle, reverse, eco, bla bla bla…. First $2500 takes it. Perfect sled to "dip your feet".

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Does that have the 2 up seat?

14. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I had a snow mobile 20 years ago, and rode a couple times last year, so I know I enjoy it. I'm not too concerned between buying used and new. I like nice stuff, and if spending an extra two or three thousand puts me on something brand new, I'm good with that.

Three of my buddies are riding Renegades, which is what's got me looking at them. One has a 1200, one an 800x injected, and the other a 600 with a carb. I like the 800 two-stroke. I just don't know how it would compare to a four-stroke turbo sled. Or how long either would really last.

15. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

No. It's a single(ish). 900 ace gsx revx….whatever...haha.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I've found that the snow industry is about 5 % of what you are describing. And in regards to the HD market it's about the same. But after 45 years in the M/C-Snow-UTV-ATV-PWS industry what the fuck do I know living right off a major snowmobile trail in Cheboygan county, northern Michigan?

ducnut likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Well I guess me and my friends should feel special then because we're 5% ers. :D

And I've been in the industry for 22 years and riding stuff 20 years before that so it's not like I'm just randomly pulling shit out of my ass.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You are aware that just because something isn’t quite what you prefer, that doesn’t mean you have to hate it, right?

Seems childish.

Banditracer likes this.
  19. Banditracer

I was wondering why this set him off. :rolleyes:

20. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

My buddy had a SC nytro and it was pretty quick. Other buddy had a nytro with a PC5 and a hindle muffler and it kept up with the SC setup. The SC needed clutching done in a bad way to optimize the setup. The guy with the SC, his father got into the turbo’d rx1’s right from the beginning and later the apex’s. Things were (are) STUPID! Guys would just pack up their 30k motor sleds after he dusted them. You could ride them all day on the trails as well but of course a lighter sled would have its way with the 4s when it gets to be tight. He never worried about blowing it up and if you couldn’t get good gas you just turn the boost down. The 4s you could tape the throttle WFO all day and it’ll keep going. Cross a few lakes back to back and the 2s guys stop holding it after a bit.