1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghostbusters Afterlife

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Summer 2020! I can't wait. They needed this to move past that nightmare all girl reboot.

trailer in the youtube thread

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Really looks inspired by Stranger Things. They even hired one of the main cast ! Looks worthy of a view for sure...

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It looks like it's a real, big budget effects movie. I'm pretty sure Bill Murray is in it. Don't know about Aykroyd and Hudson. Obviously Ramis is dead. I'm assuming he's the dead grandfather in the trailer.

vizsladog likes this.
  4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I demand Murry!

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

While Harold Ramis, who played Egon Spangler, died in 2014, most of the main cast from the original movies is slated to reprise their roles. So while Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts don't appear in the trailer, expect to see the old guard make a cameo at the very least.

SpeedyE and Quicktoy like this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

It was confirmed last week that all surviving original castmembers (mains) will return for this movie.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

But why?

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Its obvious the boy is ment to be Ramis's grandson. Glad to hear the crew is back.

ClemsonsR6 and SpeedyE like this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because they'd like to save the previous work from being forever associated that that last smelly turd and it's the only way this movie stands a chance of not going direct to DVD or what used to be known as direct to DVD.

vizsladog, ryoung57 and cha0s#242 like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Because this is supposed to be the pick up where the story left off after number 2 and Sony is pretending the feminist version gets forgotten in the shuffle.

vizsladog likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hmmmmm...seems like they could use CGI to insert Ramis as a ghost if nothing more.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, vizsladog and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How do you know they haven’t? ;)

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't, but then again, until this thread, I wasn't aware there was going to be a new Ghostbuster's movie.

KneeDragger_c69, Quicktoy and Cannoli like this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking forward to it. Ghostbusters 1/2 is a huge favorite of mine. I hope they do it justice vs the "reboot". It'll probably be even better if the OGs have more than just a bit "cab driver" role.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I suspect Ramis will be glad he’s dead when this freshly polished turd is put on the silver screen.

I can’t see anything good coming of this.

5axis likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Truth be said, Ghostbusters 2 sucked.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...never seen any one except the first.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You chose wisely.

cha0s#242 and Sabre699 like this.
  20. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Oh come on, you didn't like Vigo? And the river of pink slime? And the Statue of Liberty walking around Manhattan?

motoboy and Quicktoy like this.