1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Single Yamaha YZ450F GP Tech conversion

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by wolfie109, Dec 7, 2019.

1. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] I am copying the text from the original ad when I purchased the bike. It explains everything quite well. I will ad that currently the bottom end has 70.5 hours and the GYTR head total of 30.5. Over the winter of 2017/2018 I installed a new piston, cylinder, timing chain and had the head and valves inspected at a machine shop with new valve seals installed. The only thing really different is that I added a Trail Tech dash. The bike is fun to ride and I have raced it mainly with LRRS, CCS and AHRMA. The bike is located in North Jersey ASKING $5,500.00

Yamaha YZ450F built in house by Geoff at GP Tech (http://www.gptechllc.com/).
    Starting with new '08 Yamaha crate motor, '07 YZ450 frame, powercoated. R6 front end with Ohlins internals. Ohlins rear shock, Galespeed forged wheels (uses 120 front, 150 /160 rear). ValterMoto adjustable rear sets.

Well over $20k in receipts including an factory Yamaha GYTR race head put on at 20 hours (2K!). Titanium M4 exhaust, all Graves stuff for the single (oil breather recycle etc). Many custom machined parts for retrofit.

ALL the fasteners are titanium (incl shock and linkage, motor mounts etc etc-roughly $2k).

Weighs in at 235lb wet, bike dynoed when adding 9 map programmable ignition with 2 map switch, Hinson slipper clutch,water temp gauge, now has 47 hours total (27 on head) valves just checked. Runs on pump gas but I use Sunoco 100.

Kick starter that works with the TZ250 bodywork! Starts easy hot or cold.

Never down, fun as hell! Always senior adult ridden.

Some spares, sprockets, spare bottom end for future rebuild, shim kit, front rear stands, tire warmers, service manuals. It is always a conversion piece at the track.

Great clubman bike, D Superbike or fun trackday bike

I will try and down size pictures to post or can send to anyone interested, there are old photos in this post and 2 newer ones http://forums.13x.com/index.php?posts/5568362/

Newyork, grandpanot, jksoft and 2 others like this.
  2. wolfie109

Pictures

Attached Files:

L8RSK8R likes this.
  3. wolfie109

more

Attached Files:

4. wolfie109

more

Attached Files:

5. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

wow and very nice . what if I may ask class did you race it in AHRMA and what would be its best match in WERA thnx .

6. wolfie109

I believe it was SOS1 and either 2 or 3. I don't know about the wera classes.

Buell1965 likes this.
  7. wolfie109

CORRECTION I must apologize and have to correct the sentence about the spares.
    It should read ; Some spares, sprockets, spare bottom end for future rebuild, service manuals.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

One day!

Sigh.

9. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

It would qualify for SOS2or SOS1

Buell1965 likes this.
  10. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

drool...:clap:

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So...learn me some care and feeding of this high strung thumper. Is it as fragile as a smoker? What kind of power?

12. wolfie109

Care is not even close to my tz250. I change the oil every weekend, new plug beginning of season and check the valves every end of season. It is fairly easy on tires and brakes. Power is around 52 to 54. From all of my research the yz motor was the best for maintenance and longevity of all the 450's.

baconologist likes this.
  13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Mother of god that is gorgeous!

What bikes did you race against in CCS? Is it class legal for the SV classes, and is it competitive with them?

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

F*ck thats cool

15. wolfie109

I mainly ran ULSB and it can hold its own with stock sv's even though they pull you some on the straights, but also ran 500 Superbike.

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If this lasts till New Years it’s mine!

17. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

love it ..I have my two bikes lined up for 2020 and my annual budget is spent sadly . someone that buys this will have one heck of a thumper racer. NICE

18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Looks like a tiny machine, how folded up are you on it?

19. wolfie109

I am 5'9" and have no problem on it much more room than my tz

20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

My 6’2” might struggle a bit, lol