1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All season car tires...

Discussion in 'General' started by groundhogday, Dec 4, 2019.

1. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

Looking for a good, reasonably priced option for all season tires for my Altima. Looking to spend no more than $500. A search herepointed me towards the Cooper CS5. Anything else in the same price range that I should check out?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Size?

3. groundhogday

215/60R16

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been happy with General Altimax RT43's on the wife's Impala, don't know about current pricing but they're a good mid grade tire. Hers are 225/60/16's

ducnut likes this.
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

We sell tons of Coopers, the CS-5's are pretty good for the price. Other middle of the road brands are like General, Firestone.... You get what you pay for with tires though. The higher priced ones are (usually) better. I think some of the CS-5's (there are different sub models (Ultra touring/ Grand touring) even have 80K mile warranty, they won't make it but i've seen a few customer's get 50-60K on highway machines.

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Put nitto motivo on the boy’s Honda and wife’s acura. Not the first time either.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I put the same tires on her car and they were a huge improvement over the Firestones that were on it. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again.

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I've got some model of Goodyear Assurance on my RAV4, my wife's Fit, and had them on the Frontier too. They go down the road just fine. I don't know if they'll handle Formula 1 cornering since I drive like an old lady, but they had no trouble getting out of the mud in the parking lot at COTA this year.

9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on my manly badass CRV, lol. Seriously, I like these tires. They work really well in rain, snow, etc. As mentioned, I won’t get the 80K miles out that they claim, but I’ve got 50K on them now; should get another 15-20K

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Also check out some of the all season tires from Yokohama. When my Coopers are done, I’ll get their G015s.

11. groundhogday

Thanks for suggestions. I just need something for slogging up and down the interstate. I'll have to compare reviews on everything suggested.