1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 848 streetfighter

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Nov 30, 2019.

1. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

I used to say that I would never on a Ducati long enough for it to need a desmo service but ended up with one needing just that. Honestly it's not difficult at all and I didn't use any special tools. Mark the belts, turn the engine using the rear wheel, use an app for the tension: 110 +/- 5 Hz for stock belts, 100 Hz for belts from CA cycleworks. I checked valves, adjusted 3 closers, and degreed the cams with no Ducati specific tools.

All to say, the maintenance aspect shouldn't scare you away from ownership if it checks the other boxes.

2. evil smile

evil smile Well-Known Member

To those that gave their experience with the ducati thank you! If there are anymore I really appreciate it. Please dont fight guys, they are all great bikes and all bikes (especially italian ones) have problems, I am knowingly getting into this. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Except for Aprilia RS250's. They have achieved God-like status. Helps that they have a Japanese motor :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

That first gen Mille rotax is the bomb

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

sorry the thread went sideways. But at any rate, most importantly both bike will wheelie for miles and give you lots of smiles.

happy shopping!

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

truth!! And rock solid reliable!

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I lusted after this one when it was for sale. A8929D23-15C7-4F05-ADEF-A3918447C37D.jpeg

8. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

I had a 2013 SF848 that I put 25k miles on before it ultimately dropped a valve. It was a great bike and I had lots of fun on it between commuting and track days. I don't know that I would try it again since there is so much competition in that segment now though. I'd really like to give the Tuono a go.