1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

All the ones that survived, sure. That ain't many, for corn and grain at least.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well I guess we’ll all starve to death, then... :rolleyes:

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Stainless?

not too fast and with some good pressure. Only sharp bits.

4. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Not as long as the Federal government keeps up the farm subsidies.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Last time I checked the country needs food. Electric vehicles not so much. IMO the government is giving out subsidies to try to push the currently economically nonviable "renewable energy" technology and environmental agenda on the consumer. And lets not forget that there are a bunch of current farm subsidies that are there due to that idiotic ethanol mandate that is a cornerstone to their flawed environmental policy...

Ducti89 likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, 40% of the corn crop is going to ethanol. :mad:

7. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Environmental agenda is the government's job, so yeah.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I think he is making progressively uglier cars to see how far he can go until the sycophants that like Tesla give up.

crashman likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't care one way or another about the EV debate, but man, the money people who run Wall Street sure love this guy. He never hits his targets as promised. Take the "$40K Model 3" as an example. Took a shitload of deposits, and they never built the $40K version. Kept telling those customers they were building other cars first, then finally, we're not going to build that small battery version. They have had my friend's deposit for 3 years now. Just like the production target that they hit for one month, when they had people living in tents in the parking lot to make it happen.

Then before the current project collapses on itself, BOOM! here comes the next idea and he and the company are reborn again. More Wall Street money comes pouring in.

I think the man is brilliant, and a great disruptor. Re-using the space X booster is incredible. The world needs guys like him.

But these concepts will never go fully mainstream and become a PERMANENT part of our society until they become profitable. Without a profit motive, there is no other way to develop these technologies other than government, and government does a decidedly poor job.

10. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

?????

https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-3/

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, and you managed to take down private corporations as doing a poor job as well , whether you realized it or not. :bow:

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

13. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

More like the PT Barnum of the private sector.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Note how in the first paragraph, they say "The $35,000 model did not fully materialize"

That is what I was referring to. Just like the $40K CyberTruck will fail to materialize.

crashman likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The world is always changing as is our way of life but your conclusions are not based in reality but more like your own wishful thinking. Same shit has been said by every generation yet here we are still using ICE's because basically they still work by far the best of the alternatives. No it doesn't matter that high end manufacturers have jumped on the EV bandwagon - they're in this to sell cars and there are a lot of idiots out there who think EV's are the cure for everything. Snake oil will always sell to the stupid.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is when the facts don't bear out what you've said. Then you get pissy when people point that out - and that is when it becomes internet debate club. The fault is yours alone, find and post real facts and the response will be totally different.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See, that's the opinions posted as fact to support your conclusion that are well, wrong.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I still see the smog rolling out of Victorville and down the hill towards Fontana...

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Drill all the holes in the bed you want. Getting a nut on the bolt you stick through them without lifting the body off the battery will be the problem.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nutserts :D