1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1:36.2 Two Up At Barber w/Chris Ulrich

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Twins. With the pylons having weapons. Only medieval ones though.

2. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I dig the escalation!

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Hmm so I'd have a chance then! lol I'm around 230 without gear, so probably around 250-255 with gear.

FourThreeSix and Brian Van like this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Would be cool, with all of the electronics, if they could program a bike to control the ride, at lap record pace at various tracks. I doubt any teams would pony up the telemetry, but it would be cool.

5. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

You would not have any issue. When I did the 2 up in 2016 Chris and I were both a bit over 200. Good to go.

sbk1198 likes this.
  6. No need to half ass it. Pilon doesn’t wear leathers while we are at it.

7. With a person on it or a video game? With a person on it that wouldn’t end well. One thing I’ve always wished I could see is someone put strain gauges or something similar to measure how much the top riders weight the pegs.

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That could be easily done with strain gauges but what's the point? Are you going to get anything useful out of it? A big chunk of the values you'll see will depend on the weight of the rider.

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Hell yeah. That would be awesome.
    I bet there would be variations on force/weight applied, but the act of weighting the pegs (place/timing) would be near identical for everybody.

Ken @khill can chime in if he wishes :D

10. Not 100%. Few have some odd styles and a lot due to injuries etc. but you are also correct :)

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

A two up class in MA I would watch that!!!!

12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

re The data...having done quite a few 2ups (alongside CU at various MA events) getting to full throttle is hard with the bike wanting to wheelie so easily. Plus, there might've been ummmm, some intentional wheelies, I think.

re Strain gauges....man, I've had that plan for years and even worked with a few companies to see what was available and found a few systems that had the base idea. Development cost was the non starter, unfortunately.....I wanted the ratio of hand force vs foot force, would have been an amazing teaching tool.

Ken

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Having done a two up with Ken I an attest that it's a lot of fun, and if you're a racer, VERY educational, the epitome of smooth while going fast.

14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I popped for two up rides for my wife and two daughters at Miller Motorsports with Ken Hill, Nick Ienatsch and Scott Ru$$el. They still talk about it. Gave them some understanding of why I love it.

khill likes this.