1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I ride a Tricross as my road bike. I’ll never go back to skinny tires. There are just too many unpaved and/or crappy roads to explore, which is why I ride an ADV bike, too.

83BSA likes this.
  2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

VERY NICE!! Is that the Tarmac Pro?

3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

No it's an expert. The Pro uses SRAM force etap now, but I wanted di2. I also already had the wheels so no reason to get the next level up.

cajun636 likes this.
  4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I used to love riding the roads around here and hated riding the paved trails. However, seeing friends and fellow groupies injured badly by distracted drivers changed my mind. I spend more time riding paved trails (thankfully a bunch have been added in the past few years) than I do riding the road anymore. I also almost fully gave up group riding as it seems that in the past few years the guys in my local groups have become very reckless (turning right on a red into 45mph traffic and running red lights because they don't want to lose momentum).

I used to get such an adrenaline rush road riding, but now on the short 3 mile stint to and from my nearest paved trail I wonder whether I am going to get hit from behind.

ducnut, Senna and 50Joe like this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That bike is rad. I really like their Mixtape color scheme. That looks like an evolution of it.

How do you like the Pirellis?

cajun636 likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This past summer I only did paved trails. I'd leave around 5:30 a.m. with a buddy of mine and get 20-25 miles in before work. Not a lot of foot traffic at that time, and the foot traffic that is there are regulars and they're not doing dumb shit on blind corners of the trail.

I'll probably give a group ride or two a shot next year to see how bad it is. The local fast ride does A.M. rides in pretty sparsely populated areas, so shouldn't be too bad. I won't ride alone on the open road anymore unless there's a large shoulder. Even then...

7. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I rode the road bike this weekend a bit and managed to run on 85% paved trails and get in 25ish miles. Nowhere you can really gear out and stretch the legs speed wise but better than riding on the shoulder and hoping to survive.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Completed Low Volume Base I in TR. Gained 26 watts over the six weeks. I've been fucking with my bike fit and pedals and my seat height was a bit low, so I think there is another 10-15 watts to be gained on top of that. Total FTP is still paltry at 195. Goal is 3 w/kg by end of April, which I think is doable.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Did a Cx race on Sat, I'm not anywhere near the front but I like technical and passing people. It's also flat out for 30 minutes or so depending on the race. Avg Hr was 165 with a max of 173, makes for a pretty good workout. :)

cajun636, Senna and KrooklynSV like this.
  10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Topsail ugh...have they been through any hurricanes yet? I used to live down there. They always get slammed every time one comes through.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was looking at that same model this weekend. I can’t justify the upgrade to disc brakes but I was drooling over it.

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Not yet. Their house is still under construction. They are a bit inland from the coast itself. The area around them was hit pretty hard last year, though.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

cajun636 likes this.
  14. tecknojoe

They're fantastic. Great grip, they do just fine in gravel (they're size 28), and I haven't had a single flat in about 1,000 miles with them.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Anyone try the Vesrah bicycle pads? I guess more a MTB topic, but the bite on the OE Shimano pads is very meh.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

are they tubeless?

17. tecknojoe

No. However, Pirelli does make a tubeless now.

Senna likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I want to try them at some point. I’ve only ever ridden GP4000s and have never had much in the way of complaints. I also don’t know if I can forgive Pirelli for not marketing these as a Supercorsa instead of “P Zero.”

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Really nice bike, love the colors. I don’t have much of a need for discs here but when I rode 6 gap the discs would have been perfect. Lots of
    Uphills but we hit 60-62 on the down hills. My guilty want is a S-Works Sagan. The Dude is bad ass.

My next upgrade will be that or a F10.

tecknojoe likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

If any of y'all are looking for a new bike at a discount, I've had a friend order a couple times from this site with a positive experience.

https://www.theproscloset.com/

Shocker likes this.