1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, they were basically able to make the ZX-10's a twin mid-corner as a traction aid. You can hear it go to a notably more rumbling engine note as it accelerates off the corner.

jd41, YamahaRick and Senna like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

3. ...that was after the Duc was neutered "in the interest of competition".

Had Ducati been allowed to race the bike as intended, it probably would have been a different story.

...at least until Bautista crashed the shit out of it.

4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

In what way was the Ducati neutered during 2019?

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Dorna slowed it down.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It was affixed with a bowling ball

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I heard on Eurosport that Ducati folks were laughing at the 250 rpm penalty. That did nothing to hurt them.

jd41, Shocker, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  8. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Agreed. Honestly they probably expected the hit to come and we’re ready for It. 250rpm over a 16,500rpm rev range is basically negligible. It was Bautista turning the thing into a bowling ball that did them in. Hopefully Davies continues to move forward. My guess is Redding will come out swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Disagree.

Power delivery that is not in two cylinder pulses at a time makes easier for the electronics.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

11. It's been a while, but IIRC it went from a Twin, to a Triple as lean angle decreased, then back to an I-4 as he/they got near vertical.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There totally is. It's why GP bikes keep changing firing orders to modify how the power pulses hit the tire and effect whether the grip is used for drive to propel the bike forward or edge grip to keep it from sliding in the turn.

cav115 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he meant that there is no need to qualify the source of the grip because there is only one kind. Talking about mechanical grip on bikes is like talking about vertical height. It's not wrong, but it's unnecessary.

Well, that's how I read what he was saying.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was thinking I should make a disclaimer. Drive grip would be a better way to describe what we're calling "mechanical" grip in the motorcycle world.

cav115 likes this.
  17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Honda have been resting on their laurels far too long. Their prices are why their stuff doesn’t sell as well as others, which outperform Honda.

19. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

How was this done, was it by just cutting out cylinders, from 4 to 2 to 3, and back to 4? Interesting!!

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?