1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell me a Buick TourX

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Nov 22, 2019.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm tired of carrying my handcycle on a rack behind my Mazda6 sedan even though I really like the car. I hate SUV's because they can be a pain to transfer into from my wheelchair. So what I really want is a wagon so I can roll my handcycle in with the seats folded down. Unfortunately, wagons sell horribly in the US so there are not many choices here. Mercedes and BMW are too expensive to buy and maintain. The Volvo V60 T5 has a horrible reliability rating. The VW Jetta Sportwagon is too short. Only thing left I can find is the Buick TourX. It's gotten great reviews and the reliability seems pretty good. Dealers are offering big discounts because sales are soft again because everyone thinks they need an SUV.

So, anyone in here have a good hook up on a Buick TourX wagon? It can even be a lightly used one or new. I don't want the lowest trim package. I prefer the Essence trim package but would settle for the Preferred package if the price was right.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

CTSV wagon. Don’t be a little bitch.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Nice reply :rolleyes: but not enough length inside to fit the handcycle. Already measured. The Buick has 81" with the seats folded down. I need 77" and that's with the rear wheels and drafting bar removed from the bike.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

leave the hatch open

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Joe,

Have you considered a Flex? Not sure if it will fit your needs, but def a wagon regardless of what Ford calls it.

We love ours.

just a thought.

M

Phl218 likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Do you have any idea how much handcycles are? I've got$11k in my RX. Anything disability related is crazy expensive. I want a wagon so when I travel to races etc. I can leave it safely locked away inside the vehicle and also out of the weather. I'm building up a Carbonbike handcycle this winter and those are even more expensive. Full carbon frame and fork, carbon aero wheels and then electronic shifting. These handcycles cost more than I've spent building any of my racebikes. Good thing I had a lot of stuff to sell off after my injury but I'm running out of things to sell.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I do like the Flex and most owners speak highly of them. In fact, the Flex is big enough where I wouldn't even need to remove the rear wheels and drafting bar. I'm sort of considering one but it's almost too big on a daily basis. I don't mind removing the rear wheels and drafting bar. That's a 5 minute task max.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yes, they are not a midsize. We have used it as a daily driver, family truckster on long trips, even towing the 6x12. It’s pretty versatile for as big as it.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It's just me driving it around daily. The TourX is made in Germany and is basically a German Opel. 250 hp and good torque. Some testers prefer the power delivery over the BMW 3 series wagon. Further, it gets pretty decent gas mileage. On the other hand, I could throw a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier on the Flex to carry the FZ07 to the track as well. Hmmmmmmm. Hauling the FZ07 wasn't in my initial things to consider. Damn it. Now I gotta think this through some more.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I get that. For what it’s worth, wife gets 24-25mpg out it. I get a bit less with a heavier foot.

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Wow, not bad. Thought it was much lower on that vehicle. Nice.

12. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

I sat in the TourX at the auto show. It was one of the only wagons there and I really liked it. Sure seemed like lots of practical space in the boot since the roofline doesn't slope down drastically like in some SUVs.

It was a bold move by Buick and I think they nailed it. Now they just need consumers to see the light.

50Joe likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The only Buick any self respecting man should ever even consider purchasing is one of these if you can find one in good condition and at a reasonable price.

[​IMG]

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Audi is releasing the rs6 avant- for next year

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Very cool but too much $$$ for me.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

uber black it during the day ;) or night

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Lose the use of your legs and then come back and talk to me. Your opinion means nothing here.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

He’s still right about Buick’s being shitboxes.

I say the same about Opel. Had one that was gifted to me from a grand-aunt. Thing had rust all over. You know what they called rust in Germany? Opel-gold

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Reliability data seems to counter your post. Just sayin'.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

MB Metris seems cheap.

ducnut likes this.