1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK - Barber - 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear the post race interviews from Nelson! See the winners grimacing from 3 days of not taking a dump.

spoon32 and turbulence like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

How many years did PIRC have their expansion planned before it actually happened? I was sure for years it was a pipe dream.

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

This is the best I can do with a 5 second search.

stangmx13 likes this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

This has previously been beat to death. Road America is not an option. Pretty much no way to get it to pass FIM rules for WSBK safety without moving a railroad track. No attendance at Miller, so they can't afford it. COTA probably sees the $ it costs for MotoGP and can't see how a second lower tier bike event would draw enough to pay off. Pitt might be the next closest, but safety again would probably be an issue even if they built out enough garages. Laguna, Indy or Barber are about it in reality.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The one I remember was a hand drawn extension to a track map that someone photographed through a window at the circuit, it must be getting on for ten years ago.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's in my post a few above yours, and it was over 10 years ago.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

They could work out of their shipping/transport trailers. They did this at Laguna anyway.

8. Tristan

Broome could put them up in the Deathstar, but they'd have to find somewhere else to shit.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact numbers but PIRC was moving dirt within a year of the announcement. It was a massive amount of excavating, and about 3 years until it was operational including the pavement. They let us walk it when it was under construction and we were there for a Beaver event.

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

This place has been getting boring Ed! I had to give them some new material. How's Joe healing up?

11. Tristan

My fuzzy recollection was that they talked about the expansion almost from opening day. Anyway, my point is if they could do it I'm sure Barber can too.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Good, thanks. Doing PT and getting better. A second shoulder surgery is on the table possibly, but not yet confirmed. Hopefully won't be needed. Tell your pops hello.

JJJerry likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Won’t happen.... no expansion in the future AFAIK.... Especially since the rep ave 2 Months ago... Last time I heard this was 10 years ago and the city of BHam shot it down...

14. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Please make sure everyone gets the memo: do NOT move Steven’s trailer

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.
  15. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Just reopen gravity cavity and it will have the same appeal as the corkscrew at Laguna. Then build garages in the outer paddock where it is already paved. You could even sell VIP tickets in the paddock bleachers at Road A to generate return on the investment.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How can Birmingham shut it down when the track is in Leeds?

17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ahhh ok. It must have changed.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a rumor since what, the second year they opened? Even saw designs of the expanded track.