1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who specifically? Even better - who specifically and exactly what will it directly do negatively long term to the US or our economy? I agree he is absolutely pissing people off. So far not seeing it as a negative. Same for reductions in foreign aid - AKA US tax money being given away to other countries. Especially those that actively work against the US and US businesses.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I see him doing what you say are negatives, I'm just not sure they really are negative.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have solutions for that :D

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't harsh kaperdick's buzz...he and nike are SJWs fighting oppression!!

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And I'll add, they need us. We don't fucking need any of them. We could tomorrow say, fuck y'all, we're going it alone. You grow your own shit, build your own crap, and defend yourself. You do you and we'll do us.
    Who wins? We all know. Trump knows too and that's why he plays hardball.
    If we told China to fuck off completely, they'd be in despair inside of a year.
    Fuck all these career unelected bureaucrats and their feelings.
    Back to you Robby...

Banditracer likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It’s a scale and my wins FAR outweigh my losses. If that changes I will rethink my support.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am not shocked by this revelation. Thank you for actually agreeing that there are losses. At least one of you gets it.
    Anything you do or don't do in political foreign relations has negatives. The goal is have the changes you make to policy have the positives outweigh the negatives, but the negative effects still exist. International relations is ridiculously complex. The law of unintended consequences puts 1000 landmines out there. If every foreign policy decision isn't weighed with the potential positives and negatives you are doing it wrong. Sometimes winning takes risks, but thinking there are no risks is a complete oversimplification.

If you think reducing foreign aid has no negative impacts to the US, then you are clearly not educated in the subject enough to discuss the situation. Our foreign aid is buying something if we are doing it right. It may not be worth what we are paying, but there is a benefit, so if you stop paying there are negative consequence of losing that benefit. The positives of keeping our money may outweigh those lost benefits, but they are still lost and that is still a negative impact to our country.

If you think having a president that alternates between buffoon who half the time can't get a coherent thought out of his mouth and asshole isn't damaging our reputation Internationally then you are blind. If you ask who cares about our reputation, well next time we need to have our military overfly their country they just may say "no". So that adds time, expense, risk and complexity to mission at a bare minimum. Next time we want allies to form a coalition to stop genocide or kick an invader out, we may not have as many. Next time we want allies in a trade war we my find ourselves on our own trying to exert pressure instead, which leaves us at a relative disadvantage.

Overall I think Trump is doing a good job in foreign policy, but to say there are no negatives or possible consequences of his demeanor and methods is being blind.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

"Allies in a trade war?" Who are these allies of which you speak?
    The Chicoms are fucking over the whole free world and yet our so called allies are sitting back and letting the USA do all the heavy lifting. Is this just because DJT is "offensive"?
    Maybe they are just chickenshits and trying to play both sides......
    We've been playing patty cake with the Chinese communists for 40 years and look where its gotten us. Hell yeah it's time to put a stop to it. Maybe it's too late, time will tell, but to do nothing is surely a recipe for ruin.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There are no allies in a trade war. If we lose markets, our "allies" are more than willing to take over.

Banditracer likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh. What a profound revelation. That was unexpected.

Well sunnuvabish! So doing what’s right has no bearing. Fascinating philosophy.

Preach, brother! Show us the way!

I don’t get it. Perhaps you made it too simple.

Here it comes...

There’s a phrase in Latin that keeps getting bandied about recently that means exactly that, but I’ll be damned if I can remember those three syllables right now...

Sunken cost theory in action!

Or, extortion. You decide.

But...but...but...you said we need more positives because doing the right thing isn’t germane to the issue?

Speak up, please. The words, I can’t see them, it’s as if the Good Lawd above has afflicted me with orange cataracts!

Oh. You mean those things we do ALL THE HEAVY LIFTING ON ALREADY? Heaven forbid what a world we’d have if the rest of the world didn’t have their hand out for the largesse of the US taxpayer...

And yet, he got elected to negotiate those very things with his very, very well established reputation of employing those methods and that demeanor. Pretty sure the electorate knew what they were getting when they pulled the lever in ‘16, but you just keep on with telling us what’s what.

blkduc likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about we're fucking fed up with
    the smooth operators smiling to our
    faces while stabbing our backs.
    I'll take Trump's straight talk over the
    smooth lies and backdoor dealings
    that are the norm. It's time to put the
    American taxpayer first again.

We need this man, he fights.

kangasj and Spang308 like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This pretty much describes:
    • personal decisions
    • interpersonal relations
    • community relations
    • inter community relations
    • inter state relations
    • national relations
    • international relations

13. 2blueYam

Trump has been doing backdoor dealings for decades. What makes you think he has stopped now?

Straight talk is fine, but I would prefer it without the word salad, jumping around stream of nonsense we occasionally get with Trump. He does this in what are supposed to be prepared speeches as well, not just in phone calls.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Trump is probably the most investigated
    human in history so if he is successfully
    hiding these backdoor deals then he must
    be one of the smartest humans in history.

Or there is just no basis for your aspersion.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You should write him a letter. Tell him to change his way of doing things to make you happy.

Being you’re so important, I’m sure he’d be happy to oblige.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If the democrats are successful in his impeachment, perhaps they can cover all their CatShit like corruption back up before we see it, much less figure out where that smell is coming from.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Got to have goals in life:timeforabeer:

18. 2blueYam

It isn't about what makes me happy, it is about what would be better for our country. I am no more or less important that any other tax paying and voting citizen in our country and we are all free to criticize any of our politicians. You all think he walks on water or something and berate anyone that would dare point out his flaws. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or damaged the image of your idol.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

Don’t like him, don’t vote for him.

It’s really that simple.

As to what would be “better for our country”, you get to decide what you think would be better, just like everyone else does.

In other words, the man we collectively hired to do the job is doing the job in pretty much exactly the manner we expected him to do the job. Pissing and moaning over your delicate sensibilities being offended by his tactics and techniques versus the end results pretty much says it all about what you hold important.

There’s an island over across the Atlantic that is big on pomp and circumstance. Catch the next boat.

sheepofblue and Spang308 like this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have yet to see even the most hardened Trump supporter say he isn't without flaws. Just because Joe Snuffy doesn't see what you consider flaws, doesn't mean they idolize him, and doesn't make them flaws.