1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

if you say so. I guess if there was one race for the entire season in each class, and you happen to win all 3, then yeah, 3 time world champion in one year. Sweet!

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Hey now, don't minimize my AMA "Grand National championships"

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That was how they decided the AMA National Flat track championship, at the Springfield Mile, up until changing to a points system over the whole season in 1954.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well MotoGP followed suit, added 5 races and said that should be enough to say it's a World Champion, and let them race multiple races per weekend, so they could double up championships per year.

2 for 1 sale....

Sent from my smatrfone

5. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

BigBird likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And Marc has six (and is still winning).

<self-reported>

Slider82 likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

masshole likes this.
  9. Slider82

Yep, the way things are going Marc will soon be ahead of Ago and Rossi will drop down to third.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  10. Slider82

We'll be waiting for your report card.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

YOU LEAVE VALE ALONE!!!!!

[​IMG]

aaronson and Slider82 like this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

U dimwitted mouth breathers. This aint the marquez ball lickers thread.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ed Zachary. This is the VR46 testicle ticklers thread.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think Marquez will take the most premier class championships, but 7 more? Not a chance in hell. GP win total? He has a chance to take it for sure.

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Damn right!

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I may be mistooken, but I think he has the most wins in a single season.

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

he'd be 33 if this continues. that's well younger than rossi. who the hell knows. lookin like quat gonna give him a run perhaps, maybe miller, but we've seen that before and we've seen promising initial results fizzle. especially those coming off Tech3/Petronas into something else after a decent start. 7 years is also perhaps another 10-12 new competitors not being seen in GP yet to contend with. possible tho, he's not banged up at all yet. that helps.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Quarterraro -- four podiums and no wins in his rookie year, and he's going to take it to Marc? Miller, five seasons, one win, six podiums? The season ends and the silliness really does ensue.

(You want to look at solid rookie years, check out 2000, 2006, 2008, 2013.)

Shocker likes this.
  19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You’re assuming he’d do that many in 7 years. With the probability of injury, Honda making a bike that doesn’t work, new challengers actually bringing it to him, whatever, you’re looking at more like 12-14 years. That’s an entire 2 more rider generations.

Marc can’t really get much better than what he did this season unless he wins every single race, the only way to go is down from here.

I expect he’ll win 2-3 more with increasing difficulty each time, and then stay a contender but no longer be the best on the grid.

I don’t think Marc will stick around as long as Valentino has anyway. He loves winning more than motorcycles, I think once he’s broken every record and the wins start becoming far and few between he’s likely to just walk away.

20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I've been living with the same woman for 15 years and still have no idea what she's thinking or what she will do next. Much less nearly anyone else I know. I'd like to have this secret some of you have to be able to know what motivates other people and what they're going to do.