1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jorge is gone.

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 14, 2019.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Don’t hate the player , hate the game

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think overall MM has a great attitude. When Dovi and Rins beat him at the line earlier in the year he was genuinely happy about the good racing. He didn't seemed bummed at all about losing.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I realize the guy likes good racing, however, It's easy to be upbeat if you are still #1 in the championship.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I don't know for certain but to me he looked pretty miffed when Rins picked him off.

pscook and Phl218 like this.
  5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Puig didn't seem happy to try and answer why not promote Cal/Taka and put Alex on the LCR bike.

6. Jedb

At what point has Puig ever looked happy?

stk0308, BigBird, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Probably about as happy as I look when I have to repeat the company line when everyone knows otherwise.

code3ryder likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

This

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Puig was being diplomatic for once. Cal is already performing as well as he’s probably capable. He has speed but takes too many gravel excursions, and he’s on his way out.

Taka is fast and could probably do well, but hasn’t really done enough to stand out. Alex Marquez is a double world champion who could still take a step up, and is very young.

Taka would’ve been more interesting than AM for sure though.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Jedb

Zarco would have been more interesting than Taka.

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

For sure he’s the choice I’d have preferred. I understand business rationale for Little Marquez, but it’s definitely just bleh. Safest decision they could make.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Eh? MM is for the dough and AM is for the feel good show. They'll get all the front row TV view time from MM and plenty of additional TV time from the talking heads about the family stuff. The Marquez's are going to be the new Kardashians.

ducnut, nd4spd and Phl218 like this.
  13. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I think it had to do more with sponsorship than anything. Repsol has Redbull as a major sponsor and Cal has always been a Monster rider. That puts another layer into the decision as he would have to be bought out of his Monster contract if possible.

Taka is only in MotoGP because Idemitsu is footing his bill. Yes he is fast but he has a big backer. I am pretty sure they wouldn't let their rider move out of the team that they sponsor.

Alex is easy. HE is the Moto2 Champion, Redbull rider and a Marquez. Makes sense to me.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No doubt that Alex was the most eligible candidate when Jorge stepped away.

But in terms of team points participation, it remains to be seen if losing Jorge for Alex is going to be akin to jumping from the pan into the fire for HRC.

Time will tell. Part of the fun of this sport.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It will be hard to score fewer points than Lorenzo did this year.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With talent.

Razr likes this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

....but with a whole lot less ass.

Razr, Jay305 and R Acree like this.
  18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Jeebus, one cheek of one Kardashian ass is enough material to make both Marquez brothers

Phl218 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Alex isn't a Red Bull rider. He will certainly be one now, but he wasn't sponsored by an energy drink during his 2019 season.

BigBird likes this.