1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alex Marquez Crash Count Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 18, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also, did Dorna own WSBK at that time? I could definitely be wrong, but IIRC, they didn't own WSBK at the time and I mean would you want your competitor's Champ showing up your own fleet of stars.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Alex has Cal's 2019 bike, according to Mat Oxley on the Twitter.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That bike finds it's own way into the gravel.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Cal is definitely not riding any of Marky Mark’s hand me downs. They may share a bike for testing purposes but they’re racing the exact same spec bikes.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

well if you’re going to crash your brains out and destroy a bike or two, they certainly don’t want it to be on a brand new 2020 spec bike!

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Alex's championship score target for 2020 to beat Jorge's 2019 tally: > 28 pts
    :D

Phl218 and pscook like this.
  7. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Too late. Marc already destroyed one. Yamaha spotters happened to be in the same corner with camera phones out, snapping pics of new bits and pieces scattered in the gravel. https://twitter.com/motomatters/status/1196765721885319168

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

A bit premature with your posting. You should've waited till the checkered flag fell as they finished less than 0.3 seconds from each other.

track wagon likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Someone prematurely ejac... err, posting? Here? No. Never. I dont believe it.

track wagon and HPPT like this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Noticed you didn't say who was faster. Musta been Binder?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well shit, give him rookie of the year, he's earned it. No way Marquez can catch up in the remaining 20 races.

Sabre699 and Quicktoy like this.
  12. Shocker

And Binder turned more laps than A. Marquez, what's your point?

I like how nobody mentions Iker Lecuona, when he hasn't won anything in his Moto3 and Moto2 stints, yet he is a full second faster than the factory KTM of Binder.

Senna and stk0308 like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, man. Don't join them. :D
    Lecuona rode the bike on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He'd better be faster.

2blueYam, Quicktoy and Yzasserina like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2019-11-19_13-13-34.png

pfhenry and stk0308 like this.
  15. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Yamaha's 1, 2, 3, ...........................................aaaaand 9 :D

rcarson15, masshole and Phl218 like this.
  16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Really we're just kibitzing about 2 riders who are 2 of the bottom 3 riders on the first time sheet of the testing season.

Your point on Iker is well taken. He's just not as controversial for us hens to cluck over. :)

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG] :(

scottn likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Did they put Cal back on a Ducati?

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. Shocker

I was indirectly stating that seat time is very valuable for rookies in GP. Binder completed 17 more laps than Alex while he waited for his bike to be rebuilt. I'm sure that 0.3 gap would be a lot smaller or flipped the other way if Alex had another 17 laps under his belt.

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Day 1 of testing and we know exactly how next season will be. I love this place.

worthless, MachineR1, Phl218 and 4 others like this.