1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alex Marquez Crash Count Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 18, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Really going to suck for Rossi if he finishes behind both Marquez’s. :D

SGVRider, Shocker and Quicktoy like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Daddy "fingers crossed" Marquez is one of my favorite staples of a MotoGP weekend. I think MM93 can be a complete asshole on track, but I do think he's a good person off-track and Dad Marquez does a good job of keeping him grounded. Some of the stuff he's done for fans seemingly improv'd is pretty commendable.

BigBird, SGVRider and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

(Taking note of the number of Julias in here for next season.)

Cannoli, SGVRider and track wagon like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Crutchlow had two podiums this year. Unless the 2020 Honda is significantly better, I don't see Alex Marquez doing any better next year.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I do. And for one reason.... Marc. I bet Alex can get up to Cal’s speed by first quarter of the season. To go faster, Cal can look at Marc’s data all he wants but without Marc explaining it, it can mean nothing. Marc will explain it to Alex in 3 languages. Yes Marc has more raw talent than anyone right now. Alex isn’t there to beat Marc. Alex is there to be a second younger rider for Honda, to give support to his brother, they know he’ll get support from his brother, and because the kid is a 2 time world champion.

That being said, I don’t think anyone should go right to a factory seat. I’m still pissed what MotoGp did to Ben Spies.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It will be fun to see what happens. I agree completely that Marc will offer help, I just find it hard to believe he will pick it up and match Cal in the first quarter. However, we did see how quickly Quartararo got up to speed and finished the year in 5th, two positions ahead of Rossi.

ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Not only that, but him and Vinales had 7 podiums each this year (tied for 3rd in podiums this season). FQ was the surprise of 2019.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

As I think Papa pointed out Spies had a better record with Tech 3 than factory Yamaha

Sent from my smatrfone

9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Met the gravel trap already lol

The Great One, stk0308 and scottn like this.
  10. Quicktoy

That’s after the fact. It was a rule. Keep a rule for everyone. Parody. Could care less if he never got a factory ride. The point is he was offered and Motogp held him back from it. But they just open the door for Marquez and Binder.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

12. Quicktoy

Lmao. Toe is gonna wake up and pat himself on the back for naming this thread.

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Only 8 laps in, that’s a pretty good start to his crash total!

masshole and Quicktoy like this.
  14. Quicktoy

I’m sure Honda is going, “Whew. That’s just Marc’s old bike which will be Cal’s hand me down”

Edit. Just flipped back over to watch Marc destroy a 2020 bike. Now they’re even and three Honda’s down so far.

Phl218, track wagon and BigBird like this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Cal gets the same bike as Marky Mark does per his HRC contract

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  16. Quicktoy

That’s not to say it’s not a Marc hand me down though. Correct?

track wagon likes this.
  17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Cal has been getting a current year spec Honda for a few years now and not a hand me down. The only one on hand me downs is Nakagami.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nah I leave the jibber jabber for all the other dudes.

Valencia Test 2019
    Day 1 crash

Phl218, The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  19. testiesalmon

testiesalmon Well-Known Member

Binder 2.5 seconds faster than A. Marquez on day one.

Phl218, stk0308, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  20. Quicktoy

I’ve been more saying it jokingly. I know he gets a new one whenever Marc gets a new one.