1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEOs how does this happen?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SirCrashAlot, Nov 18, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What the FUCKING fuck? How is that even remotely possible?

2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Cool story and thanks for the insight. But this is what I'm alking about. You straightened your life up. The majority of the people that i see in the paper are there week in and week out. It's basically no consequences unless you kill someone lol.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Compare the execution numbers now...

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I considered that, but there's no way they're killing enough people to make a significant dent in those numbers, or for us to kill enough to lower our status.

5. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

If all it takes to prevent our country from becoming those places is to increase incarceration rates, Id say lets double down and lock up more people!

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Maybe we have a higher percentage of people that commit crimes or we have a better "catch" rate of prosecuting/convicting suspected criminals. Not sure if this is relevant or not to the thread as it was kind of vague.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not the point. Lots of REALLY great places have much, much lower rates. UK is 1/5 of us.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, we have a MUCH more aggressive law enforcement and prison industry. It's a very lucrative business. We also make it near impossible for most people to ever become productive members of society again once they've been in jail.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm against private prisons, I'm against how outragous the phone rates are for prisoners, I don't have an issue with felons voting once released, I believe that there is a difference between a drug conviction and other convictions....etc. But I am for, mandatory minimums (big ones) for person crimes and firearm crimes.

10. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Ya I get that I’m just saying it works for .5% :crackup:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So ignore the deterrent effect...

12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

That is B.S. on the runny side.

How is an unfired inanimate object in a box attempted anything?

13. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I agree the logic behind them was I was not a user so I would have defended it to the death of someone. I honestly just went to the range.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was assuming just a bong or something not like meth or other horrible stuff

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Considering that just in state prisons, there are 976,500 incarcerated for violent crimes. Rape, murder, assault, manslaughter etc. This excludes any drug related offense. The next per capita country on the list was El Salvador, they have a population of 6.5 million people. The problem isn't the prison system, it's the inmates. Turkmenistan, next country on the list has a population of almost 6 million people. 1/6th of their population is in out state prison system for violent crimes.

Stats are fun.

16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Live a few miles from a reservation, talking to cops, they slap wrists more than anything, different world for sure. White cop cant even arrest NA person.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just look a t he numbers of missing people that never make it to jail. It's not remotely the same as here so comparing them is silly.