1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Dealership sales??

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Nov 13, 2019.

1. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Same feeling. We have a 99 4Runner that we got used in 2003. Currently has 426,000 on it.

MachineR1 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!

969 likes this.
  3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I'm almost to 4 years with the latest generation Tacoma. 100,000 miles and only replaced a battery.

It sucked because the battery warranty was based on mileage and not time. It was dead at 18 months and the warranty was only good to 24,000 miles

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Which trim level? Supposedly, the top shelf TRD Pro (& Sport) has slightly softer springs than the non-TRD models.

5. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Not bad! In Toyota's defense, unless some other component of the vehicle toasted the battery (or it was their own brand battery), then that's hard for them to control. Batteries can be finicky.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My TRD Sport has the stiffer road biased suspension. The TRD Off-Road and Pro have softer suspension. The Pro however, is 1 inch higher.

8. prospected

Toyota will negotiate on their cars and SUV's however, not with their trucks. The second you walk out of the dealer someone else will walk in and pay their full price because of the reputation alone.

Steak Travis likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Encouraging
    :stupid:

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The best bet for a discount is when there's a model upgrade. My '19 4R was about 5k off sticker due to the '20 having Safety Sense, bigger touch screen and a few other whiz bang features. No mechanical changes though.

11. prospected

I'm convinced they haven't changed the 4R platform yet because the 3.5 motor is not living up to the 4.0.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

$9K savings seem pretty significant to me for only 3 years/30K miles (negligible difference if no major changes to model)

13. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

That’s what I was thinking! I’d pocket the 9 grand and buy a can of “new car smell”...

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

19's have a 1750.00 rebate, and 2.9% for 60 months. we bought a 19 sport, in the cement grey pearl (think clear coated primer looking). really digging the truck. i beat them up on the 19 pretty good, was very similar to gm discount on a colorado when all said and done.

when i went to inspect and take delivery, found a scrape on a flare, scratch in a boxside, some dirt in the paint from the factory. was going to walk. they brought up a similarly equipped PRO, that booked for 1000.00 more than the one i was buying, and said, you have a check for X amount, we will take that for the pro... whatever it takes, we want you happy, ie: we dont want you leaving with a 40k check. i asked for 300 more off, to fix the paint issues, and kept the truck i originally went after.

for the record, the offroad, and pro will have stiffer springs and shocks for serious offroad duty. the sport, limited, sr5 and sr will have daily driver softer springs, and shock packages. Ski

baconologist and ducnut like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

This Highlander is getting my interest. The price is indeed $5,000.00 less than I've seen an XLE near me.

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

go get it. I'm about a month or two away from being ready to purchase

17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I could be wrong but wouldn't it be opposite? As in needing softer damping and springs to articulate better offroad.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No. They’re setup more like a desert prerunner, so stiffer. You’re actually money and ride quality ahead to buy a base model and bolt in a worthy suspension.

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Nope. I have a new '19 TRD Pro, it's much softer than the base model.

ducnut likes this.