1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Dealership sales??

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Nov 13, 2019.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What dealer did you buy it from?

For$200/mo I'll burn up 15k miles on weekends

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Bulletproof trucks don't blow head gaskets. How often did you have to stop to add coolant on your 2000 mile journey? At least you do admit you are a fanboy.

stk0308 and 418 like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

What I dont get... why do people pay "good money" for trucks with 200,000+ miles on them?? I dont get it.
    Are they stupid? Know nothing about the cost of repairs??

4. 969

969 Well-Known Member

First year I went to the GNF at Road Atlanta, I left Michigan in a 1984 toyota 1 ton pickup with 4 head gaskets
    I could explain, but going out in the woods in the AM

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I got my 1997 4Runner in 2008 with 170k on it for 4 grand. It am the second owner. I will cry if I have to replace it.

I added a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid in 2018 for 1200 bucks. I'm getting 62 mpg with this bad boy!

5200 dollars in 11 years! :beer:

cyclenut and speedluvn like this.
  6. TurboBlew

Im selling a 1998 in 2019 dollars... I paid ~22 for it back in 98. Mechanically = 9 Cosmetic - 5 Im not letting it go for anything less than 2k.

7. Potts N Pans

I wouldn't sell mind for less than 20k!

Nobody would give me that and it keeps it in my driveway. :beer:

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Looking at used highlander prices vs new and don’t see any reason to buy used. Crazy!

Bloodhound likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

98 4 runner...5spd and 4wd?
    Pics?

10. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Drove a Tacoma and felt like my kidneys were bruised afterwards, the suspension was that damn stiff.

11. TurboBlew

lol... not that cool. Just SR5 2wd. Id have people rioting for a truck like that priced at $2k...lol

12. Potts N Pans

You have the 2.7 or the 3.4?

13. 418

418 Expert #59

The Taco is a yuppies Ford Ranger.

I don't get them either. Uncomfortable AF.

The Tundra is a proper truck tho.

14. TurboBlew

Potts N Pans likes this.
  15. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

BC, it was from Toyota of Ft Worth. It’s a 2019 and I have had it 2 months

BC and 418 like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Did you go through a broker or direct?

Just trying to figure out if I wanna shop for a lease deal and how not to get dicked around.

BC likes this.
  17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

think i have it narrowed down to a 2019 (left over) tacoma trd sport, or trd offroad (in the cement grey). anyone have any dealer connections in michigan, or ways to get a better deal? have gm discount, and ford discount available. hoping for better than retail price. thanks to all for the info. Ski

18. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

No, it was direct through dealer

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

FWIW, the dealers normally can sell the Sport models cheaper and it is also the one I would recommend vs. the Off Road. Reasoning: you'll likely never use the locker, downhill assist, and A-TRAC systems of the OR model. Also, the Sport (used to anyhow) get straight rate springs vs. progressive coils on the OR. Typically the Sport can be had for about $1200 less all other options the same.

20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Bought my first Toyota last year 2018 Platinum tundra. I was finally in the point in my life where I was ready to buy something I really wanted. Not settle on something because it was a good deal or it is what they had on the lot. 4 door, white, leather 4x4 is what I wanted. Test drove all the top pick ups and ended up with the Toyota Tundra. Yeah the new dodge was nice but Toyota is notorious for reliability. The only downfall is the gas mileage tundra1.jpg but I have a Honda civic for my daily 92 mile round trip drive to work 5 days a week.