1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford vs. Ferrari Movie

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Saw it yesterday thought it was pretty good. I don't think anyone in the theater was under 50 years old.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this but reading some of the comments on here a similar to movie based on John Britten and his bikes would be an excellent underdog story IMHO... Or we can discuss Torque, Biker Boyz, World's Fastest Indian....etc.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

What about the instant classic, Fled?

4. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

Haven’t had chance to go yet, but caught an advert for it while watching the TV with the wife

She watches the advert and then says, that’s Willow Springs but they are going the wrong way round!

Pleased that my brain washing program for all things Racing is finally working

ts199, 5axis, scottn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Ok but I'll let you pick between Nm or ft/lbs.

:beer:

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Was it better than Rush? I enjoy the more accurate portrayals of racing.

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I enjoyed the Willow Springs footage. Brought back memories.
    I somehow missed the Road A scenes.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Slightly off topic, but has anyone watched The Art of Rain in The Rain ?

9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

As did I.

10. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I wanted to but never saw it in this market...not entirely surprising. I'll have to stream it in a month or so. If it's anything like the book, it should be good.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Keeps popping up on DTV screen saver.
    Don't want to rent it if it's crap.

12. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

I saw "Art of Racing in the Rain" and read the book by Garth Stein first. Book was much funnier and had a darker plot that was totally changed in the movie for kind of obvious political correctness. Both the book and movie had a fairly realistic view of racing, except for the very end. Author Garth Stein is a sedan racer from the North West. Movie was kind of typical talking dog movie and did not get great reviews or box office. Worth renting I think.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only in America can one of the largest and richest auto makers take on and beat one of the smallest and under funded automakers and it’s considered to be a monumental accomplishment. :flag:

:crackup:

Shocker and cav115 like this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So you`re saying we`ve gone from giant killers to ant stompers?:crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Ferrari based their entire existence on their racing prowess and heritage, Ford is a mass market operation to the consumer.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Japan does it in Motorcycle racing:D

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

And? Still doesn’t change the fact that Ford was probably 50 times or even 100 times (no idea on actual, just guessing) Ferrari’s size and had a $billion or two or three or........? more at the time. Point is, Ford wasn’t exactly small change nor were they lacking in resources. They were the giant who conquered a peon at the time. Of course things have changed over the years as Ferrari now has a cap value of $22 billion or so after Fiat bought a majority stake.

rhinorsv likes this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, from falcons to GT40's is a pretty big leap though cubic dollars helps a lot. I think has more to do with hiring the right people and leaving them alone more than anything.

stk0308 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

What? No love for the Galaxy 500? :D

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Troll much?

Past Glory likes this.