1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Baylor’s luck finally ran out.

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It reminds me of the Kevin Durrant injury in the NBA finals. People were angry at the team, saying that they pressured him to return too soon. He said it was his choice to return. I don't remember which of the TV people said it, but it was the best assessment I heard about a player wanting to participate despite their injury, something along the lines of "It's the coach's and team's job to protect them from themselves". Alabama didn't need him for that game, nor the following. Two weeks of rest and rehab to get ready for Auburn and whatever post regular season they will be involved with.
    Any player that decides to pass on a bowl appearance for fear of an injury that will harm (or outright eliminate) their NFL chances will point to this one when people rag on them for doing so. As I said before, they're all one moment away from this on every play of every game, and practice as well, but to have it happen when they are not needed at all is a failure of the coaching staff.

G 97 likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hopefully he has been concentrating on his studies and can find a good job somewhere. Because he's not going to be making millions playing on Sunday now.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Most likely he carries the max amount disability insurance policy, which is $10M tax free.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

The Ohio State / Penn State game is about the only really intriguing matchup this weekend unless of course there's an upset somewhere. Most everyone else in the playoff hunt are playing a game of tyrannosaurus vs ant. UGA vs A&M could get dicey.

G 97 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not that it has any playoff ramifications but the Baylor / Texass game could get a little chippy.

7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Lots of teams playing to get bowl eligible this weekend. I think the Duke game will be interesting. Liberty/UVA another interesting one. Iowa/Northwestern. Boise St has QB injuries. All sorts of fun stuff. I hate to say it but I think Ohio state rolls Penn State. Yes Franklin has always been known to upset teams and did it bunch while at Vandy, this Ohio State team is a wrecking crew.

8. zamboiv

Agree, but with the loss last weekend for Baylor, I don’t feel like they’ll come out with a fire in the belly. The Texas as an underdog story is alive here.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Penn State pooped the sheets against OSU.

10. zamboiv

Well wrong on this one.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yep. Baylor... If, would've, could've, and should've.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Penn State and Oregon both fall.
    Georgia and Oklahoma squeak by.
    Rivalry weekend coming up next.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Gonna be good.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Auburn has a chance to take one of the biggest shits ever on their hated rival elephants. That is going to be an interesting game. Right now the tide has a chance to sneak into the playoffs on the back of a likely UGA loss in the SEC championship game. Auburn's fans would like nothing better than to piss all over that dream.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I wasn't even going to say anything. :D

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Except for the little fact that the buckeyes were favored by 10.5 points?

17. zamboiv

Nah, feel free to say it. I will admit when I’m wrong, whether it was a poor handicap, lucky win, unlucky loss, great handicap, terrible game would bet it all over again, etc.

Hell, I use an app that tracks all my bets and I have multiple computer programs some I’ve written and others I use for things I’m not as proficient in. I don’t hide behind it or post that I have some ungodly record with sports.

I’m a realist when it comes to what side of the betting window I stand on. Been doing this long enough to understand the good and bad that comes with it.

G 97 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh no man. I get it.

I initially started to reply that I don't think a Matt Ruhl coached team would have a hangover game but deleted it. I think this game was more about a lost Texass team than anything else.

19. zamboiv

100% agree. I figured once Baylor got beat they’d be caught sleeping and was conpletely wrong.

20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I remember a few years ago LSU fans were upset because we lost out on Herman....and Fisher for that matter. My how things change!