1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I hope he has a full and quick recovery as he seems like a really good kid with a great future.

GEAUX TIGERS!

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yes, it went from a football injury to career threatening/life altering real fast. :( Hoping for the best outcome for that young man.

Dragginass and Metalhead like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Agreed.

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I hate Bama, but I hope the best for that kid. Really wish the coaches would have made him sit this game anyway.

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Tua is undergoing the surgery that Bo Jackson had. Looks like his career is over. That's the reality for those guys and why so many of them get out of the college game and into the NFL as fast as possible. They're all one play/hit away from a life altering injury.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What's with the Minnesota coach? He seems to be a bit of a spaz.

7. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I've never agreed with "paying" players, but I've always thought the schools should cover hefty insurance policies for them.

8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It'a hell of a note that a coach making multi millions a year keeps an injured guy in a game when he isn't even needed, much less at that point. What is the justification of not pulling him after the third TD? How about the fourth? How about the fifth?

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Domination. It rules the sports world. Win it all or you suck.

Sad to say but true.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I didn't forget that...loosing to JMU, I would expect a program like Stanford to smash them. My point was VA Tech shouldn't have been there with an automatic bid for winning the ACC. A loss to a Div 2 program should take that opportunity away.

11. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

A program like Stanford? Come on I think you’re getting a little carried away. If you know anything about va tech, this happens to them often which is painful as a fan. They lost to ODU last year.

as for the automatic bid stuff- we can argue about the design of the bowls, etc. That would require discussing money, sponsorship, etc etc.

This is why I love ncaa basketball and March, put 64 in and let them try to win it all. More difficult in football.

12. Potts N Pans

VA Tech is a good program, but I think at that point had never won against a top 5 team. They started off 0-2 (Boise State was the other loss) and their conference games that season were kinda weak.

VA Tech shouldn't have been in The Orange Bowl that year IMO.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Hell ya. Dawgs against LSU. SEC showdown. Hopefully Bama’s QB heals up. That’s a rough injury.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Idiots Out Wandering Around... Messing up everybody's football seasons.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

King Saban said he was getting pulled after the drive, he wanted the team to practice running the 2 minute drill.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Armchair coaching on Sundays is 20/20, but he probably shouldn't have ever been in the game to begin with. I get he said he was good to go and the training staff cleared him, but he could barely walk at the finish of last weeks game vs. LSU. They should have sat him the next two weeks to get him 100% for Auburn and try to throw a beatdown on the Tigers with enough style points to maybe slip into the playoffs if LSU takes down GA in the SEC title game. Tua out is a huge blow. It will be interesting to see how the committee acts Tuesday knowing he's done for the year. I suspect this is Oregon's opening.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

except that’s exactly what Saban said in his press conference about why he was still in there. If a kid is medically cleared to play and has practiced all week, it’s hard to sit him out.

18. Potts N Pans

Reminds me of the scene in Varsity Blues when they are injecting the kid's knee so he can keep playing.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

So much for Minnesota and Baylor.
    Iowa took care of business and OK came back in a wild one.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

PJ Fleck is a spaz. Row the boat. LOL.