1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford vs. Ferrari Movie

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Releases 11/15.....I do believe I'll have to go check this out.

Isn't this the movie that did some filming at Rd. Atl. and needed extras?

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Great movie!

4. sdg

sdg *

Not bad. It annoyed me. Shitbag asskisser exec. did a great job of making me hate him.

5. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Opening day box office was 50% above expectation and probably oscars but as a race fan it was a typical Hollywood racing flick. Unrealistic crashes where cars instantly explode in a ball of flame, if drivers want to pass they just decide to push the gas pedal down more, 1967 Ferrari P4 and Porsche 910 in 1964 scenes, drivers talking to each other during the race, a speedometer in the Ford GT(goes to 220mph!) Dan Gurney racing a Corvette, etc, etc. Cars were clearly replicas with modern tires and parts and the story was only "inspired" by the real story. As a fan I found the movie annoying but the gal I went with hates racing but loved the movie, so there is that.

RichB likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

Going to see it tonight.

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

For me, thats what made it a great movie. There are a bunch of great documentaries about this story if you want 100% historical accuracy. And straight to streaming video release.

The acting was very good, the story compelling, and comments overheard coming out of the theater was that people really felt like they were part of the race experience. IMHO, its exactly the type of movie our sport needs. And far better in that regard then most other racing movies.

BigBird and pjdoran like this.
  8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Sabre699, sdiver, RichB and 1 other person like this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Only seen the trailers but they should at least have got Miles' accent right.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Man...that's dedication. Beautiful.

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Ford v Ferrari yet, but I already knew it would be dramatized for the general public. Much like the movie Rush. I know it wasn't accurate, but the movie was very entertaining and many people I know that don't even watch racing loved it.

I wish someone would produce a motion picture movie (read: dramatized) about the late 80s Grand Prix racing depicting the rivalries back then (mainly focusing the story on the Americans). I know the "The Unrideables" movies already exist, but those are documentaries.

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Watched it last night. I enjoyed it. Yes some parts are cheesy, and unrealistic but overall the story and acting was great.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Well, we do have 'Race For Glory'. :D

14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I was at Sebring in '65, '66 and '67. A great time for auto racing. Looking forward to the movie.

Cheers,

Dave

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Or "Space Riders."

16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Or any decent movie about MotoGP. Every movie made about motorsports or some story related to motorsports has been pretty much all about cars. Seems like motorcycle racing is the bastard child of motorsports that Hollywood doesn't care about lol

Ford vs Ferrari was a good movie. I didn't really know much about the history of those events going into it, so I don't know how accurate it was, but I really enjoyed it. Also made me not want to buy a Ford ever just because of all the BS that the executive management pulled during that time (assuming all of that was true).

17. ClemsonsR6

Wife and I saw it tonight. We both thought it was pretty good.

Like others said, some parts cheesy and eye rolling from an actual racing stand point, some "facts" highly dramatized, but I liked it and even the wife did too.

Was also very surprised that the theater was packed. The only open sests were the very front row.

Lastly, like SBK said, my wife said "That Henry Ford guy was a real douche. Makes me never want to buy a Ford." LOL

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Drove by a theatre tonight in Corona Del Mar and there was a new red Ford GT and red 488 parked in front of the theatre on PCH :)

track wagon and backbone like this.
  19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

At least we have Torque

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Guys on FB say that they shot it @ Fontana & Road Atlanta