1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, Nov 15, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Why would politics play a role in where you choose to live? I may not align politically with most of my neighbors but who cares? If you're cool and we get along I really don't give a shit who you vote for.

pscook and SuddenBraking like this.
  2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Besides that, although it is turning blue, Nevada is not like California.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Nevada as a whole isn't. Vegas is.

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't think he means that he can't live next door to someone that has different political opinions than he does. I think of it more in terms of not wanting the city to be overrun with homeless people crapping in the streets and policy decisions that encourage high taxes while turning the city into a literal shithole.

MachineR1, mike w, ducnut and 3 others like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This^^^

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s a silly attitude. You’re worried about somewhere you don’t live, based on your best guess about what that place may become if the political ideology they espouse fails?

There are hundreds of threads in the dungeon, Yet you all make this dude’s question about moving to another city about politics? I guess when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

7. shakazulu12

I think you are over-reacting slightly. Especially since I paraphrased someone else’s words in Beeb fashion. That being said, why wouldn’t you consider such things before uprooting your entire life?
    For the record, I’ve considered leaving Oregon for Nevada (and a few other states). It’s not foolish to think about these things when thinking long term and possibly retirement.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

So your saying is Vegas is like all of Cal. In any case it is not like California. Politics or taxes.

9. Banditracer

I'm not worried about anything to do with where I don't live, just agreed with another's statement. It's not really a " best guess " when all you have to do is see what's going in San Fran, LA etc. where the liberal policy's are turning them back into places with 3rd world diseases making a come back. So it's not a case of " if the political policy fails ". It is failing. That certainly weighs into alot of peoples decision on whether or not to move there. Maybe it doesn't matter to you.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    sill'r B sill'd and ducnut like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Please, continue, I'm interested…

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are people in Las Vegas allowed to steal up to $950 from businesses without fear of prosecution?

12. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I used to live in henderson, wish i still did. But i really like the area around 215 and Stephanie(north or south)

Greenhound386 and gixxerboy55 like this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Don’t fall for this set-up. It’s called entrapment :Poke:

RoadRacerX and Banditracer like this.
  14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Holy Crap!.....No offense intended, but $900 a year to register a vehicle is insane!.....that's more than I pay in property tax for a 400K home on 3 acres outside Atlanta.

I've moved from coast to coast. I didnt pay much attention to the politics, but I did look at property taxes and vehicle reg's. I guess that would be an indirect indicator.

My cousin lives in Henderson, and seems to like it.

15. shakazulu12

Agreed with people in Henderson, I liked it when I visited myself for all the reasons previously stated.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's only entrapment when the Poo-Poo does it.

17. speedluvn

Inspector Clouseau is close enough

18. Banditracer

I smell a trap... :D

19. speedluvn

upload_2019-11-16_17-19-41.png

Banditracer likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You'll have the Raiders playing there next year.