1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jorge is gone.

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 14, 2019.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Why is no one is throwing around the idea that Alex Marquez could take that seat? Interviews with MM has said he is close with his brother and would love to race with him. I’m sure MM could make that happen with Honda. Alex is a Moto 2 champion so it’s not like it’s taking someone not qualified.

vizsladog likes this.
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I don't know if Marc is the best judge of his brother's talent. Did you hear what he said about the new CBR100oRR-RR? He's a company man and very loyal to certain aspects. I think that he's selling his brother (which would all do, I think). There's no doubt that Alex is a champion level rider, but I'm curious to see if he could put that extra 5% out to successfully ride on the knife edge like Marc.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm guessing that Honda also wants to diversify its risk. That family is pretty tight and I think both boys still live at home.
    I'm guessing that's why it's going to be hard for a different factory to pick up Alex, as I can only imagine the table talk that could be a risk to both companies' secrets..

Honda would be smart to look at Zarco. Based on the fact that he's currently the 2nd fastest Honda guy at Valencia, that's not bad given that he's only had one weekend on the bike.
    Although Cal out-qualified him at Sepang, they both ended up in the dirt.
    We'll see how it goes this weekend.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’ll be contrarian for a minute. I think Marc is actually being honest when he says his brother is a better rider. He might very well be when they’re riding together out of the public eye.

I think Alex’s problems stem from being in the shadow of his brother who’s set to break every record.

To thrive, Alex needs to forge his own path. I think landing at Repsol Honda would actually be damaging for him.

I’d like to see little Marquez at Ducati, not Honda.

I think from an employer perspective it’d be better not to hire brothers. I think it’d be significantly more difficult to manage such a situation.

They should hire Zarco on a 1 year deal.

5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

If those boys misbehave and Mom grounds them...HRC won't have any riders those weekends.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

See 6 posts above yours[emoji16]

Sent from my smatrfone

masshole likes this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Way to step outside your comfort zone...:Poke:

sdiver likes this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

As a bromide to that highside reel...
    Spartan

scottn likes this.
  10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I did, see above. But since then there has been some speculation from people who aren't "no one" :D

11. Personally, I believe he will be back again at some point, because of this.....

The longer you are away from doing something, the more you forget about the bad shit, and remember the good shit. Not to mention that those injuries will heal with some proper time away.

I feel like he still wants to race and win, but can't do so on the Honda. Either Honda won't/can't give him the bike he wants, or he just can't figure it out.

I think he will be away for the offseason, maybe all of next year, and at some points offers will start pouring in and one will appeal to him.

Senna likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The problem with that is that things happen earlier and earlier every couple of years. Everyone will probably start negotiating 2021 contracts on Monday. So by the time he realizes that he's feeling better and can still do it, there will be no good openings before 2023. He's done.

turbulence and nd4spd like this.
  13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

He might go into WSBK though

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jorge? No way!

pscook and ducnut like this.
  15. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Damn, Alex got the ride...

stk0308 likes this.
  16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yeah I’d imagine some time away to fully heal up from his injuries might make him think seriously about a comeback. He’s still pretty young.

lopitt85 likes this.
  17. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how happy and congratulatory 93 is for Jorge .... as much as I want to hate on 93 dude seems like a genuinely good guy who’s happy , loves what he does and has respect for those who came before him . But .... so help me god if he does anything sketchy towards the goat ever again I take back everything I just said .

track wagon, Wheeliest and motion like this.
  18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Did he hit it and quit it on Ago's daughter or something? :D

19. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because one of the few people that could have beaten him once he got up to speed is no longer a threat.

crashman and Phl218 like this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

99-26=73