1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jorge is gone.

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Arguing with the moderator won't end well for you.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Rossi makes surprise move back to repsol. Un-nerves marquez and gets a championship then retires.

scottn and notbostrom like this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Dude, I hope you don't get piss tested at work...:D

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

im not arguing with him, just telling him that he’s wrong because this topic was being prominently discussed in 2 other threads.

5. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I’d pay 10x for that video pass subscription

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Pretty much all the top riders have done that from Doohan, though Giberneau to now.
    JLo did it quite smoothly

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i read it and understood it the first time, but I was just pointing out that Rossi was also ahead of MM93. So if Lorenzo would have faltered or Rossi didn't try to punt Marquez, he would have also won the Championship and he was actually ahead of Marquez in the Championship standings that same year. ;)

So yes, you said Championship, but Rossi was right there also, above Marc

Wheeliest likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fkn Julias. :D

The Great One likes this.
  9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why not sign Zarco to a 1 year deal?
    Don't a lot of seats open up at the end of 2020?

track wagon and ShadowBoxer like this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

I could see it as a reward from Honda for all of his test work,then alex slots in for 2021?

11. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Yeah Jorge was “different” when he was off the bike.

But his riding was a thing of beauty when he was on the bike.

I hate to see him go out this way, but at least he leaves the sport relatively healthy

ducnut and pscook like this.
  12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I don't think J-Lo's actually been trying since he came back from his injury.

He's too good of a rider and when his head's right, he's too much of a racer to do what he's been doing.

He's been fulfilling his contract and just showing up, and maybe riding in some pain still.
    His killer instinct is gone...through the years, through all the pain his mind was always right, and his desire kept him hungry.
    It's not right now....and it's time. He's making the right choice.

As far as who gets the seat? Absolutely NO idea.

Does Jonny Rea finally decide he wants to be the first rider to try to win a MotoGP and WSBK title?

Don't think anyone in Moto2 has set the world on fire enough to get that job.

track wagon likes this.
  14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

But jlo gets a surprise comeback on vr46 team a year early and beats him in the last race at the last corner for championship

15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Sorry to see him go. Like others said; when he was on, he was “on.”

Neck and back injuries really change your perspective on things. Ask club racers who’ve had the injury.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Jorge Lorenzo on FB:

“There are 4 significant days in the career of a rider. Your first race, your first win, your first championship and the day you retire. I’m here to tell you this day has arrived for me. I want to announce this will be my last race in MotoGP.

The ones who worked with me, know how much of a perfectionist I am and how the amount of hard work I put into this. After 9 unforgettable years with Yamaha (the best ones of my career) I felt I needed a change. Moving to Ducati gave me that big boost I needed and even though the results were bad I used that extra motivation and finally won that special race at Mugello. When I signed for Honda I got similar feeling, achieving one of the dreams of every rider: to be an official HRC factory rider.

Injuries soon came to play an important role in my season and the bike never felt natural to me. Anyway, I never lost patience and I kept fighting. But, as I started to see some light, I had that bad crash in Montmeló test and some weeks later that ugly one in Assen. When I stopped rolling in the gravel, the first thought was “What am I doing here?”

I love this sport, I love to ride and I love to win. But if I’m not able to fight for something big I cannot find the motivation to keep going. I am very sorry to Honda, especially to Alberto. I remember the day in Montmeló when we meet and I told him “Don’t make a mistake signing the wrong rider, trust me and you will not regret it.” Very sadly, I have to say that I disappointed him and all the team. But Jorge and Honda cannot be here just to score some points!

I feel so lucky to be able to achieve much more than I ever imagined. I always worked very hard, but without being at the right place at the right time, and without the help of many people who worked with me, it would have been impossible.

That’s why I would like to thank all of these people. Especially Carmelo and Dorna. Derbi, Aprilia, Yamaha, Ducati, Honda, Giampiero Sachi, Gigi Dall’igna, Lin Jarvis and Alberto Puig. My mother for bringing me to this world. My father, for showing me the passion for this sport. My fans and my fan club for the unconditional love. All the people who work with me as a personal team. Thank you.”

Sent from my smatrfone

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Only referred to himself in 3rd person once...his spirit really is crushed.

Razr likes this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Did he bang your girlfriend or something? You need to see someone about the level of hate you are holding on to...:Poke:

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I really don't give 2 shits, I just got jokes.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Prolly stole all her scarves ;)

crashman likes this.