1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, you wouldn't take a SEC team because you think Clemson wins. But a OSU, Wisc., Baylor, Oregon team you'd take because you think any of those fools could beat Clemson?!

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

No. You offered the field so I want to see the field 1st. It’s not like it’s an open field. It’s the field chosen by the biased CFP committee. If OSU and LSU are in it and don’t have to play each other than I don’t think Clemson has a shot at besting both. One maybe given the any given Saturday scenario but not both

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

If Clemson plays GA, it would resemble the ND game last year...30-3 ish.
    If Clemson played LSU or Bama, it would resemble the Bama game last year...44-16 ish. The average ranking of defenses LSU has faced is 65th. The highest is FL at 14th. Bama is currently 30th. LSU itself is currently 33rd.
    If Clemson played OSU, they'd win but it wouldn't be a blowout.
    Clemson D is ranked 4th right now. OSU is ranked #1. Both would seriously limit Bama or LSU scoring and both can hang 40 on anyone.

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

You may want to do a deep dive on the teams Clemson built their numbers with. Or not

Dragginass likes this.
  5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You haven't been paying attention here. Who your chosen team played doesn't matter, who the team you hate played does matter.

6. Spang308

I can see you're not a believer. That's fine. This thread will be around for awhile. I'll be sure to remind you when Dabo is in New Orleans kissing that trophy (again) and Ohio State is walking off the field with their heads hung low. LSU players may even be in the stands watching seeing as how the game is in their backyard. Bama won't be though. They'll be practicing to try and beat their old QB Jalen in the Sugar Bowl and GA will be back home weed whacking kudzu or whatever the fuck the ivy looking shit is that's everywhere.
    Heard it here first.

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

For your sake I hope Clemson does win. You clearly need it.

None of these teams winning or losing is going to thrill me. I just want good games and when the AP and CFP crown a few teams when they've played weak ass out of conference schedules, while at the same time leaving teams out, it's not a real National Championship. Hell not all that long ago Dabo and Clemson were not considered cream of the crop. Arguably, they used a weaker ACC to build their program

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

not sticking up for Clemson, but when they started winning the ACC was still a pretty decent conference. They built a team and recruited against the likes of VA Tech, FSU and the sec schools. Dabo did build great teams but I wouldn’t say, “used a weak ACC”.

now, yes the acc is easy to recruit against. These things eb and flow.

as for rest of playoff picture. LSU/OSU/Clemson win out they’re in. Bama wins sec championship they’re in. Decision becomes what happens with pac 12 and big 12 winners. If Baylor beats Oklahoma 2x will they get a bid over PAC 12? Idk- gotta look at sos and based on what the committee has done in the past I think Baylor will get in over Oregon or Utah.

9. Spang308

Bama won't be in the SEC championship. They need help to get in the playoffs. I don't think Baylor will win out, but if they do, they'll be undefeated Big12 champs with 2 wins over Oklahoma. In for sure if that happens. Baylor's issue is their schedule is backloaded. They've played crap teams so far and are about to meet real competition. Ohio State's is the same, but they have the tools to handle business. Baylor? We'll find out Saturday.

10. zamboiv

Agree - if Georgia wins SEC they’re in not Bama. If LSU beats Georgia in sec championship, Bama could still get the nod. Baylor has won two games in OT this year and I agree they’re schedule hasn’t been too difficult. This weekend will tell the tale of Baylor, hopefully Oklahoma handles business.

Spang308 likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So you're saying that Jalen Hurts winning could put Alabama in the playoffs?

Huh...

12. Spang308

Likely the opposite. Oklahoma has virtually zero chance with their recent performance. Baylor winning out has a very real chance. Jalen's only "chance to influence Bama's shot" is by losing and giving Baylor a legit shot.

13. zamboiv

Well there are two teams Thani think still have a shot if they go undefeated, Baylor and Oregon/Utah. If Oklahoma wins and tomorrow I think committee goes Bama over pac 12. I prefer Oklahoma beat Baylor tomorrow as I hold Oklahoma big 12 futures and yes if they win it will kick out Baylor, that’s why I was saying I hope oklahoma wins.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I'm still mad VA Tech went to the 2011 Orange Bowl with a loss to JMU.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would think it opposite.

Jalen winning eliminates an undefeated.

Then again, I give only about 1/1024th of a shit about all this. I watch football on Saturday & Sunday only to be entertained.

This is Texas 6AD1 playoffs season... THAT'S serious bidness. Go Allen! They whooped Sachse 55-20 last night & it really wasn't even that close.

[​IMG]

16. zamboiv

You forgot and got stomped by Stanford. As a VA Tech can we have always been miserable in big games.

17. Spang308

Tua left the game on a cart with an apparent hip injury. Hope he's not badly injured, but it didn't look good.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Now I think you can stick a fork in them. No Tua, no claim to top 4.

19. Spang308

I agree. I thought their shot was slim with him healthy. The committee won't waste that spot and piss off two division winners to slot them in without Tua.
    At this point I hope the injury isn't career ending.

20. Spang308

Word on Tua is dislocated right hip with a fracture. Surgery tomorrow. Out for the season.
    Feel bad for the kid. He's been pretty banged up the last two years and this one looks serious.

Dragginass and Metalhead like this.