1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got a couple BT dong;es but haven't played with them yet, what are you using?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I got the Bolle one D zum linked earlier. Did a few trips with it. Works good so far. Havent really tested the batter charge, only a few hours before recharge. Am flying to Tokyo in a few weeks. Ill duration test it then. Think this one is specific to QC25 though. Ive seen used QC25 for less than $100....so for maybe $120-150 you can bluetooth noise cancelling headsets.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blu...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

StaccatoFan and Phl218 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Already got the QC25's, just checking into different dongle options. All I really need is 5 hours tops.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cool.
    So far the Bolle has worked well. I like it doesn't hang. It fits perfectly to the qc25 headphone and the buttons are easily reachable. Haven't had any issues with BT dropping or loosing sync yet.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I used Dave Clark's, Telex, Sennehieser, etc. Then one day I get in my brother's little twin engine plane and he's got a set of Bose. I'm like- hey, let me try that....I bought a set the next week. I use them every day, they are great. It took a while to get used to them, I could not hear the engine noise when we pushed them up for takeoff- very weird feeling....but I am far less fatigued at the end of the day.

Also, I have the Bose earbuds for running (no noise cancellation). I dropped one and it stopped taking a charge.

Bose customer service- you speak to someone in America or Germany when you call. They replaced them and started the warranty over. It's a great product, and the support- well, you get what you pay for.

BigBird likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m probably going to pick up a pair tonight since my dumb ass washed my regular AirPods.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I wish the Bose would work for me, but I get nauseous wearing them. I also didn't like the stupid sounding NC buzzing.

so it's just foam earplugs for my headphones

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I grabbed a set of AirPod pros after work tonight. Got into the truck and started it up, then opened up the box and put tried them out. A second or so after inserting them I was like “oh shit, the truck died”:crackup:

Quicktoy, Phl218 and nd4spd like this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just tried the Beoplay H9i and liked them, but the price can be prohibitive.

10. I have that same adaptor and it works really good. Was cheaper than buying a new pair as I don’t wear those as often as my in ear ones.

11. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Will any of these newer styles ones like the airpods fit in a helmet? They look a little big to do it.

12. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

This thread just cost me $250. Just bought a new set of AirPods pro after reading some of the comments. The noise canceling is awesome.

Too bad they didn’t have these 20 years ago. Might have kept my hearing from going to shit!

13. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Sam’s and Costco both have the Sony WH-H900N on sale right now for $130. I think I’ll grab a pair tomorrow and try them out.

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They are noise cancelling. You just didn’t realize there was no noise lol

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I use chips in my helmets. They’re made for a snowboard helmet but you can put them in a motorcycle helmet.

16. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I’d say the AirPods probably wouldn’t work because they don’t seat deep enough in the ear canal.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

18. Ive always like the Bose, but got some Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones, and these things are badass.

WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones | Sony US

Of course the sounds is awesome, but they have some cool features. At first I was like "I dont need that", but like features with everything else, now I can't imagine not having them.

Speak-to-Chat: If I start to talk, they will not only turn off the Noise Cancelling, they will pause whatever I am watching or listening to. Like if I am watching a YouTube video, as soon as I start to talk, the video will pause and the Noise Cancelling will turn off. Same thing goes with my phone. It will pause the music. You can set how long it stays quiet/paused. You can set a time like 15sec or 30sec or 1min, or you can make it so it stays paused until you turn it back on.

Keep in mind it only recognizes when you are talking, not other people. That is the reason for the time limit. If I talk, it will pause the music/laptop, and turn off Noise Cancelling. But if you have it set for 15sec, after 15sec it will turn on the Noise Cancelling and start playing the video again...even if someone else is still talking. So if you want to be able to listen to others for longer, you'll need to set that time limit longer, or OFF...so it won't start playing again until you tap on the earpiece.

The Noise Cancelling is no joke. The wife can be talking, then suddenly it is like her mouth is moving but no sounds are coming from it (which might be handy sometimes. :D). But you can adjust the level of the Noise Cancelling, so you can adjust how much ambient sound they let in. Personally, I have it on high. Which means you literally can't hear shit when it is on.

Controls: The right ear piece is the control. You just swipe your finger across it like a phone. If you swipe up or down, it turns the volume up or down. If you swipe sideways, it skips to the next song. Or you can tap on it twice to stop/play the music or video.

If you want to hear something, but dont want to pause the video. Like if you want to eavesdrop but act like you arent listening, you can just hold you hand over the earpieces. It will keep the video/music/etc playing, but reduce the volume very low, and turn off the Noice Cancelling.

Probably the best thing is that it can pair to 2 devices simultaneously. Like right now it is paired to my phone and laptop. It will control whichever one I have open. I can swap between the laptop or phone simply by opening the YouTube screen, or going to the Music app on my phone. The headphones automatically detect whichever one I have "active". Or if I am watching a video and a call comes, it will pause the video and give me the option of answering/listening to the phone.

Battery life: 30 hours of life when actively using Noise Cancelling, 38 hours when not using it. That’s awesome. One charge can get me through 2 days of flying. And the auto-off/on thing is nice. If you aren’t listeing/watching anything OR if you take them off, they will recognize it and turn off (there is a sensor in the left earpiece that notices if you are actually wearing them or not). Then if you pick them up again, or start watching/listening to something, they will turn back on.

BTW - it automatically pairs to the phone, without doing anything. To be honest, the first time I didnt even realize it had paired. I turned on the headphones, then just set them down on the bed on top of the phone, and it automatically paired without even unlocking my phone. I only knew it had paired to the phone because I couldnt get it to pair to my laptop. At first I thought something was wrong with them, but then I realized that it had automatically paired to the phone, and I didnt have the "pair to 2 devices" box checked. When I clicked that box, then it paired to the laptop also.

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You need a temporary ban for because you didn’t summarize :Poke:

Quicktoy and vfrket like this.
  20. That’s what happens when I post from an actual laptop. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.