1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jorge is gone.

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

6 months ago wasn't too soon

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Congrats! I'm bummed as a motogp fan but he doesn't have to end up in wheel chair for mine or anybody else's amusement.

On all the bullshit Rossi comments that always are soon to follow- JL99 won more races and titles in his head to head years in motogp vs VR46, lots of those on the exact same bike.

tl1098 likes this.
  3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

So he rode better then vale for a couple years. Vale has more of everything over time, including this season.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

He gained me as a fan the latter part of last season on the Duc. It was great to see someone come back from the doldrums and win again. Bummer he couldn't do it on the Honda too.

5. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of sad. Was never a great fan of Whore-gay. But have to admit the guy had amazing talent at riding a motorcycle very fast. He'll he would even smile once in a while and show his human.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Given all of his own talk of potentially retiring, why would Cal even think he’d be in the running for that seat?

stk0308 likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhhh..Rossi was also ahead of MM93 that year too.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That would make for some epic Twitter handbag moments..

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Because he would have the best chance of putting in on the podium and if they are bringing in some new young kid, the kid wouldn't have the pressure and microscope of being in the factory team.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He gave an interview on Monday or Tuesday saying again that the retirement rumors are not true. Wonder what changed since and if HRC showed him the door.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Notably, HRC didn’t have that concern when they set MM’s keister on the seat straight out of Moto2.

12. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rossi and Lorenzo form a Yamaha Factory Racing Dream Team in WorldSBK in 2021, both on two year deals. They go 1-2 in the championship both years with each of them taking a title. THEN they both retire. You heard it here first.

In all seriousness, it's a shame seeing this as he's not really going out on his own terms. Wasn't really ever a fan, but I respect the guy for everything he's accomplished. One of the fastest mofos to ever throw a leg over a bike and he did it in impressive fashion over the years. Thanks for the entertainment and enjoy your retirement, Jorge.

13. 2blueYam

No young kid close to his talent level is available at this time and that includes his brother.

14. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

God he had some amazing high sides in his early years. I can’t pin the year but t5 laguna seca, I think he was above the morning mist before he came crashing back to the tarmac.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Those people thinking Jorge isn't well-regarded in Spain apparently don't know that many Spaniards.
    As far as being human, like all these guys, the drive to win is all of it. His smile and effusive character upon winning a race was classic.

Replacement: After the BS that KTM pulled on Oliveira, I'd headhunt that kid.
    First year (janitor): 2008

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good thinking. But that doesn't solve the 2020 problem.

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Break the contract?

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

20. 2blueYam

I think the obvious choice is to bring Zarco into the Honda fold, but then the question is which of the 3 Honda riders gets on the Repsol bike? I suppose you could try to get someone else to break their contract, but who is fast enough and willing? The way CC and JL look on that Honda right now no way would I move over there if I had a good ride already unless you brought a wheelbarrow full of cash. It would have to be someone on a KTM or Ape and I doubt Pol is going anywhere even at that.