1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2019 F150.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 8, 2019.

1. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

And with the transmission, the shift points change. Shifts are firmer and quicker.

Honestly I rarely use sport mode, since normal mode is usually strong enough. But it's so much fun when I do want that added performance!

ekraft84 likes this.
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're right Stymie, I do love the engine braking in sport mode - diving into a corner from 60mph approaching Panera - and be able to late brake/merge ahead of the kid on their cell phone, get the truck turned, back on the gas while slightly chirping the tires, and slide into the drive-thru for a Madagascar vanilla cold brew, to start the day.

:D

3. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Stock sport mode is the same max power as base mode. Shift points and throttle map are retuned though so it doesn't lug, and you don't have to downshift 6 gears to go fast.

Gixxerguy855 and ekraft84 like this.
  4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

What has happened to you guys!?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Same thing that happens to everyone...age.

ducnut likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I did that to somebody yesterday when I was going to Kroger. Came out to a "Stop driving like an asshole" note stuck under my wiper.

I felt like my job was done:D

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

That is my only complaint with past 2 F150's I've owned. Oem rotors were junk after 20k miles, I bought a drilled & slotted rotor kit to bypass that problem and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I was able to get 60k miles before the pad was completely gone on one side.

My race bike prep is way better than my truck prep. :)

Circacee likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

There was another thread on truck brakes. What was the go-to rotor and pad, again?

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I put StopTech on the Volvo recently. The primary driver likes them better than the OEM setup. The OEM equivalent pads are less grabby on initial pedal application but still stop exceedingly well.

ducnut likes this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

HA! I just got off the phone with my good friend. I stopped by his house last night and he ended up driving that truck. He waiting on the dealer to call him and let them know what they got.:crackup:

He has been wanting a new truck but been on the fence about what to do get, I guess the "quick " trip he made around the block sold him.

I just learned last night that you can pull out on the 4wd dial and it locks in the rear diff. Thats badass!

ducnut likes this.
  12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

We need photo or video proof of both rear wheels spinning to believe that.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My 2010 ford supposedly does that with the rear differential. Anytime I’ve used it I’ve already been so stuck that it didn’t matter though

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

After multiple attempts at searching, I finally found the thread and StopTech and PowerStop were the brands mentioned.

15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I still had plenty of pad left but I was tired of the steering wheel shaking when I had to stand on the brakes. My rotors had a glazed spot that didn't have as much friction as the rest of the rotor. I'm sure it was my driving habits that killed them.

Power Stop Z36 series is the brand and style I bought, pads and rotors for all four corners for $300-$400. I've got another 40k miles on these and zero complaints.

ducnut likes this.
  16. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

The locking rear diff is optional. I have it on my 19. It really locks it. Turning on dry pavement really lets you know.

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I only have personal knowledge of two Demons, (well the cars), and they are pushing between 1200-1400 HP, stock innards....

18. assjuice cyrus

So am I an idiot to think about putting a turner on a lease? :D

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes and you know why. :D

20. assjuice cyrus

Not sure what you mean?:confused: