1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Excellent. Thanks. :beer:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I've got an even better one for him:

30A is an SV650. It'll get you around the track, but you'll be downshifting going up the hills at RA.

50A is an RSV4. It's got twice as many cylinders (phases) and nearly double the displacement (amperage) as the SV.

If you wanted the same sort of power from the twin as you get from the 4, you have to increase the displacement...hence the 1299. :p

Now, which do you think you'd rather have? :D

3. Well played. :up:

Hence D&D building me a 1299. :D

4. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I will pay money to watch Broom connect a 50amp cable at Road Atlanta.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

No way in hell I'd let him near one of those boxes :D

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I'll take Broomes $$$ to wire him up @Rd ATL

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

An old Electrician once told me.....
    "Son, Lectricity is some pretty simple shit.... ya got one wire a comin' and ya got one wire a goin'

So there you go, Lectricity made easy!:crackup:

8. I am smart enough to know when I shouldn't be fucking with shit. :D

Something like this, I can do. This is the back of what we call the "Diverter Panel". This is on surface and controls several surface BOP components. This thing is full of check valves, bi-directional valves, sequencing valves, etc. At any given time some of those lines will have 5000psi on them, some will have 3000psi and some will only have 100psi. I can grab a schematic and tear into this thing with no hesitations or problems.

[​IMG]

Or this. This is my specialty (there is no reference for scale, but this thing is 62' tall).

[​IMG]

But when it comes to electricity...fuck that. :tut: I don't like it and I am scared of it because I can't see it and don't know how it works. It is like playing with ghosts or something. It doesn't matter if I am just messing with a Battery or plugging something into a weird adapter, the whole time I am messing with anything electric I am just waiting for "ZZZZZTPOW!!!" and then next thing I know, im dead.

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My RA electrical story..

2/3 years ago at Road A, I'm standing next to the panel with my cord in hand. Only one left in the paddock but oddly enough it's in the middle of the paddock. I grab the cover and lift it up. ZZZZAP.. F*** that hurt. I've been shocked before but damn that hurt. Lift up the panel again..ZZZZAP.. WTH??

I figured it out pretty quick when I noticed the reddish/black bringers of death start piling out of the box why that one was left alone.

Then the voice behind me. "HEY! HOLD THE DOOR UP AND I'LL SPRAY EM!" Who else but Billy Ethridge standing behind me with a can of brake cleaner.

Me: F That noise. I'm not getting stung again!
    Billy You want power or not?
    Me: Good point.

I got stung again. Alot. But I did get power.

10. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

When working with electricity only use one hand (other behind your back) so if you get zapped it won't go through your heart ;)

11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Bringing this back up...

Was wondering how it all went for you and DiamondCargo ?
    Did you end up bying from them and are you happy with your purchase ?
    It's been over 4 years and wanted to know how the trailer is holding up.

Thnx

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If you are asking me, trailer is awesome. I haven't had a single issue with it. Keeping it stored properly and getting proper cleaning does wonders. Typical maintenance aside, the only failure I have had was a broken wire tie and a rubber gasket that began to dry rot. Otherwise, no major problems at all.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My Lark served me very well for 2 years and my buddies for over 5 mire years and counting. But no, not Broome approved brand.

14. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Did you also order from the same place that Gorilla George was contemplating ordering from ?
    I ask cause I'm in the process of maybe bying from them.

Thnx

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Freudian slip?