1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney World Sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Nov 12, 2019.

1. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Things must have really changed. We took the kid there about 10 years ago for Halloween. We had a blast. Stayed on the property so we could get the extended park hours and transportation, paid for the extra Halloween after hours party, and did the dining plan which worked out way cheaper for food. Lines were minimal, temperature was great, we did the park hopper thing, and overall had an amazing time. I think we did 5 days and it only cost about $2500. The ex wife got the Disney credit card and played all the specials including 12 month no interest.

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I should clarify that we’re at the Magic Kingdom. Maybe the other parks are better.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have a friend that does the cruises twice a year... they then truck you from the ship to the Yacht club for a day or 2 on the back end of the 7 day cruise... it aint cheap by any means. At least he flys. Another friend drives a van with family and in laws from NJ to Orlando... no effing way. Not ever.

BigBird likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Or more, but who's counting, right?

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

There are like 4 young guys (under 30) on my job that go to Disney with their wives yearly... and none of them have kids. I don’t get it.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Same guys who are into pegging

Sabre699, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Because their wives are Princesses and need to be among their people. Well until they have kids and then get knocked down off their pedestal and become the servant.

Sent from my smatrfone

Phl218 and renegade17 like this.
  8. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Been there 3 times now and this last time, I made a promise to myself to never, ever, ever even think of going back. There is nothing worse than sitting in a hour long line just for the pleasure of paying $20 to park and then walk a mile into the front gate. There we were greeted with a solid wall of humans as we wedged our way down main street. After this monumental fight through all these sweaty people we finally found a food establishment. About 30 min. later after fighting through the food line we had the pleasure of paying 10 x's too much for the worst Mexican food ever made in a microwave.

Never again.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

FCCF46DB-8D40-4D2E-BF6C-5EF8883BE4B4.jpeg
    -ers.....

Fonda Dix likes this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

They did.. 429 or 417

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

rum and cokes

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I went in early January and thoroughly enjoyed it—some parks better than others. I stayed in their cheaper accommodations and did NOT do the meal plan. I’d never been as a kid, so I felt like I better appreciated the awesomeness of the place. Plus, I had a 30-year employee for a guide, which meant a lot of shortcuts and time-waste avoidance. I’ll gladly go back, so long as it’s that time of year.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Agreed! Universal is so much better. Even Busch Gardens Tampa.

Fast passes are the key.

14. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

The wife and I went for n a Disney cruise a couple years ago and had a blast. We don’t have any kids either and plan on doing a Alaska cruise with them in a few years.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

We planned the perfect trip to Disney World last year. Beck, Raina, and the MIL went and I stayed home.

It was awesome.:D

OldGuyOnBlu and Banditracer like this.
  16. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

HAHA!... I had to google that

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If you are stuck in crowds or waiting more than 20 minutes for a ride you're doing it wrong. I'm there with my kid pretty much every weekend. Hit me up and I'll give you some pointers

zertrider and BigBird like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:bow:

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's your answer for everything. :D

20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

40 minutes away. too many people...too small a place. Took my daughter when she was small enough to ride my shoulders, hated it and haven't been back since.