1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I would have liked to gotten that Yosh oiler Superbike. :D

2. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

It had a rear wheel but no sprocket carrier, I bid on it but didn’t want to go over 3, just would be another novelty for me. Had a nice shock!

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That caught my eye too but other than a very common Yosh sticker, what proof was there that it truly was a Yosh bike?

4. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I saw the bike in person today. Very impressive. Looked like carbon bodywork. PM wheels and calipers. The rotors looked factory kit stuff. Along with the swing arm which definitely looked kit. Would be a fun AHRMA bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. fastedyamaha

Stickers don’t look correct though, nor the windscreen. Too many details makes me think it’s not a true Yosh bike. Some nice parts on it but just seems a little off.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. spcassell

I would agree with that. Definitely worth the sum of the parts for what they paid though. The stickered windscreen was a little odd. Curious who owned it before Charlie.

7. fastedyamaha

I’ll bet those carbs alone if they’re set up correctly are worth a small fortune! Paint is off and so is the gas cap. Plus what’s with the vin plate held on by flat head screws?

8. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

Auctions never give you enough time to inspect vehicles (usually 1hr), so I imagine it would've been pretty overwhelming to see a collection like that in person... BUT at the end of the day, it's the buyers responsibility to inspect their top picks and bid wisely.

9. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Just looking at the one picture of your I can assure you it’s in better condition than Charlie’s. Lots of patina, missing part of upper cowling on right side where the windshield bolts go, upper triple clamp looked rough, bodywork had scuffs on right side crudely painted over. Mileage was low at 9800 but it was too rough to justify. I quit bidding at 11k.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. spcassell

Charlie’s may be back up for sale. It was in the checkout office next to the other bikes that the buyer backed out of.

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was searching for an 86 red/black basket case that I could rebuild/my-therapy, came across this. Has some rust, lots of mud/dirt, etc.....be fun/meditation cleaning it up. My mom donated the money, and we got it at very good price. Be good for me to put hands on a motobike again, put hands on tools again :)

I just talked to the previous owner today at length, he said he called Barber and offered it to them, but never got a call back, so he put it up for sale. My goal was to donate it to Barber when I was done w/ it, but now not sure what i do when it's done. I figure it out when it looks new again. Maybe I well enuff to ride again by the time its done, and ride it to local vintage-bike nights. Play it by ear.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

If that’s you in the pic with the dog you look super stoked! Have fun with it. One last thing your pup looks like a sweetheart!

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thank you <3 , she is everything to me <3
    Bloodwork came back as 50% Border Collie and 50% Bloodhound, all the way up her family tree. Bloodhound???? I was shocked, lol. She BIG talker/singer :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    ChemGuy likes this.
  14. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sold For $900 this a 600 not a 750..

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

600 engine in a 750 chassis?

16. fastedyamaha

How hard would it have been to put any kind of used tire on that thing? That’s seriously such an easy thing to do.

trussdude, SpeedyE and Banditracer like this.
  17. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I wonder if the chain is still being held together with safety wire?

18. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

750 forks and swingarm on a 600. The wheel was there before they moved it to the auction site.

19. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

The '91 seems to be in great shape. Wish I'd never sold my '89 1100.

SpeedyE likes this.