1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney World Sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to leave this god forsaken place.

That is all.

Senna, jasonhise, MachineR1 and 4 others like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did someone kidnap you and take you there?

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh for fucks sake. I'm headed there for a week 12/7.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check yourdamn messages, fool.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I hope my kid remembers how much it sucks too, so if any grandchildren come along I won't be expected to go back.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

never ever going to go there. wife's on board with that.

CRA_Fizzer and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i don't know man. We are kinda tired of it now, as we went a bunch of times, but it can be fun if they are the right age and use the technology to your advantage. Fastpass is the best thing created for that place.

ducnut likes this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Living in FL, the occasional trip to the park is good once a year for us, and only in the cooler months.

There is NO WAY I could ever tolerate (financially or mentally) some of the week-long vacations that seem to be the norm for folks who are venturing in from out of state.............that would be pure torture.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I saw it.
    Thaaaanks...

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My brother in law's wife has talked him into going twice with their 3 in the last year. :rolleyes:

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You are going to love it.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

At least you're being somewhat smart and going in early December. Weather should be gorgeous and crowds aren't nearly as bad since winter break hasn't taken hold yet.

But the financial thing still stands...........while lodging is an unavoidable expense, whatever you can do to reduce your dependency on Mr. Mouse to feed your family, I strongly endorse it.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All your suffering pleases me. Yesss. Especially Foo :D

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I live 1.5 hours from Disney and haven't wasted my time going there in the past 10 years. I haven't bothered with Universal in about 7 years either.

Now if only the state would build an express highway above I4 from Celebration to Sanford, I would gladly pay whatever toll costs to not sit in that tourist/transplant traffic.

dtalbott and R1M370 like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ummm it’s called 417. :)

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

417 still gets jammed up and takes you way out of the way. I used to be up in Lake Mary every couple of weeks meeting with a client and if I didn't get out of there by 3, it didn't matter if I took 417, 429 or I4, it would be jammed and crawling. I want to leave my cruise control at 85 and not have to go below that. :D

These days if I am willingly going out to Orlando or even Daytona, I jump on 75 and then take 50 across (branching off before Clermont if I'm going to Daytona). It may take me slightly longer to get there, but the drive is more relaxed.

R1M370 and Steeltoe like this.
  17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Yes, my wife and kids. Wife grew up near Disney Land so there’s a nostalgia factor. To me it’s just long lines to see dumb shit. It’s not helping that most rides are also having delays due to ‘technical difficulties’.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If it wasn't for my hatred of lines and crowds I would have been to Galaxy's Edge 5 times already.

dtalbott likes this.
  19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Ya'll sound old.

BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

A guy I work with goes at least twice a year with his wife and kids. Between the flights and the upgrades they pay I'm guessing it's $8k a pop. They've been doing this for 20+ years.

BigBird likes this.