1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every time someone on ESPN mentions Lamar Jackson or Christian McCaffrey being potential challengers to Russell Wilson for MVP this year, I shake my head in disbelief wondering if I should make a point to watch more Seattle football to figure out what I'm missing. Then some fool was talking about Patrick Mahomes last week. Does anyone understand what "valuable" means? At this point in the season, I probably have two or three replacement quarterbacks ahead of him in terms of value to their team. Guys nobody expected to win games, and they won a bunch of them. Are be better than Mahomes or Russell? Hell no. But they sure as hell have been more valuable to their teams through the first half of the season or so.

dtalbott likes this.
  2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I don’t watch much of any of them other than highlights but I could see a case for any of those three based on the numbers. I don’t think any of those teams would have a winning record without those guys.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Besides Lamar Jackson, name 3 offensive players on that team on the top of your head.

The Panthers I can name like 5 outside of McCaffrey.

And well the Ravens beat the undefeated Pats and their top rank defense.

Lamar Jackson is my MVP and well I think R Wilson would be second since he finally got his receivers back.

Sent from my smatrfone

4. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

median family income 89,679.... ghetto shithole? WE know we're not the Pats but OP is a pretty nice suburb.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Next summer on the way to calabogie,I'll stop by your shop with some beers and we can comiserate about the Bills.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Look at what Flacco did for Denver this year before he got hurt...look at what he did last year for the Ravens and compare that to what Jackson has done since he took over. No way Flacco beats the Pats this year before he got hurt.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You're very welcome to. If you cross on the Ogdensburg / Prescott bridge you'll go right by. :beer:

Where are you coming from, Orchard Park ?

You'll have to throw the ball for this guy though. :D

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  8. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Amherst,about 20 min from OP. Now that I think about it maybe masshole was right,10 inches of snow tonite,hi of 25 tomorrow,headin your way I think.

9. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Amherst,about 20 min from OP,maybe masshole was right 10 inches of snow tonight hi of 25 tomorrow.Its headin your way .

10. Banditracer

I hope so, I've got a couple cans of gas ready to dump in the sled. :)

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Because Aaron Jones had 3 TDs to his 1 and only 15 fewer yards on 7 fewer carries and Jones is leading the league for RBs with 14 TDs for the year? Or should he get it because he had a longest run of 16 yards yesterday and both Jones and Williams for the Packers had longer runs? No doubt he is good, but when your stats don't match the players for the team that just beat you, it is harder to make the case. Maybe Aaron Jones should be in the running for the MVP, the Packers are 8-2?

BigBird and lopitt85 like this.
  12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Leading the league in TD's for RB's, or tied for the lead? Yards per game avg?

Aaron who?

13. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I live in West Seneca but pay OP school tax. Trust me, the pucblic schools in Orchard Park aren't ghetto schools.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

But the Bills lost, let's talk the real deal. And to one of the worst teams in the league.

Why you Bills fans skirting the subject here, talking about Apples and stuff.

Sent from my smatrfone

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Russell Muddafuggin' Wilson.
    NEVER underestimate that guy.

So much for those undefeated 49ers. :Poke:

busa99 and BigBird like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

well after a few days from coming down from the ledge....I don't even know what to say. Mr. Fumble QB needs to get it together. The strip sack for a TD was basically the game, and well they Giants have one more important game and that's against the Dolphins. If we lose that one, then we'll be in good shape for a top 3 pick, and another top pick in 3 consecutive years.

They should shut down Barkley, Engram, and obviously Shepard. Also, new front office, and coach. The second generation of Mara is nothing like the old man. They don't seem to make any right decisions these days.

And again, we lost to the

[​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Already been discussed. Offense can't get going, I'm starting to blame the OC. Not exactly sure of the numbers but the Browns have like the 4th best pass D and 30th run D. So what does Daboll call, about 10 runs and 50 passes, yeah that's smart, play to the other teams strengths. :rolleyes:

And they still have a better record than both of the NJ teams. :Poke:

tjnyzf and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

how many super bowls parades have you have in the last 40 years? 30 years? 20 years? 10 years?

[​IMG]

just a friendly reminder from NJ :D

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How about getting Jones an offensive line that can block?

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

same could have been said for Eli for the last 5+ years, right?

Sabre699 likes this.