1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2019 F150.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 8, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I couldnt count due to my mouth being being numb....

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

last one I had turned 120,000 before I left...believe it was a 2014 model. Just fuel, tires, pressure sensor(s), oil changes and brakes.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Drove my new 2019 to mom’s house today for birthday celebrations. About 100 miles each way. Averaged 22.3 mpg for that trip. So far, very happy with the truck. Quiet truck, most quiet-riding vehicle I think I’ve ever owned.

4. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Bought the 2018 F150 XLT. Had to disconnect the auto start-stop the first week, had to replace the APIM for the stereo system and rear camera/stereo, and have the terrible 10 speed transmission memory cleared so I could reimage the adaptive shifting memory. It wasn’t meant for the 5.0 motor, the 10 speed works great with the smaller motors.

5. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Disconnect it at the plug under the dash by the brake pedal. Smaller of the three plugs at the bottom. Mine has been unplugged for a year now, no issues with anything on the truck, just remember to plug it back in if you tow.

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  6. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a 2019 xlt special edition package with fx4. I traded in my 2011 f150 3.5 eco. It had 110000 problem free miles. Way better than the 2011. And the 2011 was a great truck.

For those looking for a way to disable the auto stop feature. I installed the Auto Stop Eliminator. They offer a module that plugs directly into the wiring harness at the auto off button. It tricks the computer that you manually disable the auto stop every time you start the truck. So no tampering with the ecu or any warranty void issues. Just uninstall if you need service. It runs about $70 or so. It has worked flawlessly for me. Best $ I've spent on the truck since I got it.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I love that we're at a point where we're paying extra for features we don't want, then paying more money to the aftermarket to eliminate those features. Like paying for the radio in a GT3 Porsche. Hilarious mentality.

MELK-MAN and Phl218 like this.
  8. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Its silly and shouldn't be forced on us. Most manufacturer are starting to go this way. So annoying. At least there is a solution.

9. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

GDE was shut down by the EPA, no more tunes for diesels....

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Their website doesn’t indicate that.

11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Hopefully the unanimous-ness of this means in 5 years or so the systems will be imperceptible.

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

On my Wrangler it'll keep the engine running when there is AC / Heat demand, it'll even say so on the dash. Coming from a Toyota hybrid, the Wrangler restarts quicker and smoother than my Highlander ever did. The auto-stop doesn't bother me in the least.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

FTFY. :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

oh shit.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

one of my turbos on my 2013 3.5eb went at 99,950 miles.. literally 50 miles before the 100k extended warranty went out. Got lucky ! 120,000 on the truck, that is literally the only issue thus far, aside from a leaky rear shock (replaced both).

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

2014 Ram Cummins 2500.

1000 ft lbs, 700 HP, 25 Mpg highway.

58,000 towing miles, quiet, comfy for 18 hrs. +

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Demon....840 HP, 9.6 quarter, STOCK. Worlds fastest production car.. Now, with some tuning?? Mustangs for breakfast all day long.:D

18. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

The website is the same but notice that all of the products for every platform are indicated as sold out. There's a lot of information out there on the subject of them being issued a cease and desist as well as 50k fine.

ducnut likes this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't understand how a lot of 3rd party tuning hardware has remained around. When you have numbers like that rolling out of the factory what's really the point. I can't think of any of the last 4 vehicles I have purchased that needed further tuning.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

But, it’s $85K!!! Even with work, that platform is done at ~9 seconds.

Now, put $85K total into a Mustang and you’ll have a low-8/possibly high-7 second car. If you do some looking around Li Tuning’s page/site, you’ll be blown away with how little effort it takes to make one go fast.

Look at “Boosted F-150” and what he’s done with his truck. A Whipple at ~14psi, de-cat, GT oil pump gears, and tuning has him running consistent 10.40’s. The same setup with more pulley has run high-9’s. Sleep a little at the tree in a Demon and he’s gotcha....in a pickup truck. He does it all the time to unsuspecting people. The only run I could find against a Demon, the Demon spun at the line and got out of it. IIRC, he’s got ~$50K in it, including the new truck purchase price.

cav115 likes this.