1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2019 F150.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 8, 2019.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The 10R80 A10 was joint development project between GM and Ford. Although there are some indications GM did a better job with software out of the gate, many Ford software revisions later it's very good.

2. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Nobody’s looking at the Rivian pick up?

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Manufacturers do anything and everything to raise mpg. I just have to remember to hit the disable button each time I start the truck.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like a good way to get rear ended at a stop light to me.

I haven't been following new vehicles because I'll never be able to buy one. They're up to 10 speeds now. :eek:

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Real purdy, highly overpriced, designed by maroons...shit...you ain't missin' jack.

speeddaddy likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, plus up here with all the salt they dump they rot out and then you've got a 50,000 dollar pile of rust. As long as it's dependable and gets me around that's all I worry about. Plus I've got friends in the car repair business and the horror stories about electrical issues never end and getting worse.

I used to have a dump truck with a Cummins and a 10 speed so at least I can say I had a 10 speed. And you had to actually be able to shift it. :D

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Looks good in pictures but not out yet. Im sure towing will cut that range in 1/2.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Don’t worry, nobody else is buying them either. They are, however, in debt up to their eyeballs.

But dang it, they’re keeping up with everyone else in HOA.

:crackup:

9. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

My wife's GC has it too. We both hate it! I've found that you can get around it by easing up on brake pressure a bit just before you come to a complete stop. Seems it requires a certain amount of brake pressure to kill the engine and you can still keep it stopped in most situations.

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why can't they just put the 5.0 V8 in these??? I'm not a fan of these roided out small motors. They are grenades w/ the pinned pulled.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You can. They still offer it. But the 3.5eco boost is seriously impressive

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Bolt a Hellion kit onto the 5.0L and very little will touch it, provided it’s 4X4. Easy 10sec truck, at that point.

R1M370 and bored&stroked like this.
  13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

That and Martian real estate, next big things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeddaddy and ducnut like this.
  14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

As soon as you hit the gas it starts up and accelerates. Its annoying and barely saves any gas. Its on at least half the vehicles sold these days.

The ecoboost is only a good option for short term people with warranties. If you keep or modify things the 5.0 is a much better option.

15. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Not sure
    Probably all depends on the relationship with your dealer etc

16. assjuice cyrus

Actually, it start as soon as you release the pressure from the brake pedal. I wish it didnt have it but it's not extremely noticeable.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And THAT is why I'm still rolling stock with my EcoD Ram 1500. A part of me wants that tune kit from GDE bad (was going to buy a spare ECU to send them so I could swap if & when needed) but I fear they'll know I had it in there should a problem arise.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You can release and reapply the brakes to keep it running. It's a stupid "feature".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. assjuice cyrus

Agreed!

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

You can avoid a TD1 while flashing the ECU? All I know is a JB4 can piggyback and not trigger it, but it's no where close to being a real tune.

Sent from my smatrfone