1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s another thing. We don’t give $millions to countries purely out of the goodness of our hearts. Of course we want something back. Now as far as using it for political leverage against a fellow politician it’s an entirely different matter. I just find it suspect, after yesterday’s testimonies it all seemed to boil down to someone simply feeling uncomfortable about Trumps comments and not anything about an outright quid pro quo demand. Once again, someone’s feeling got triggered and they had to be pouty about it. So now we base things on someone’s feelings and perceptions regardless of facts? WTF. Liberals are a special bunch. :confused:

kangasj likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So again who the @#$# cares WE HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT!

3. sheepofblue

kangasj likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the people who accuse Trump of doing this are the same people who created a pee dossier full of lies, a witch hunt full of lies, etc.

Of course the law doesnt apply to them.

kangasj likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Again, this has nothing to do with Biden. That is the "oh look, a squirrel."

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Trump can't win because of this.
    You have no reason to believe that the transcript
    isn't the complete call but you throw that doubt
    into your reasoning.

8. sheepofblue

Just wait until he gets blamed for LSU losing.

R Acree likes this.
  9. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Is not part of the problem with the memorandum ("transcript") that it says it was a 30 minute phone call, and there likely isn't 30 minutes of text in that document?

10. Spang308

Except those who have first hand knowledge of the call confirm the transcript is complete and accurate, but why let facts get in the way of a good hoax.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does the timer allow for translations?

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

No...that's why it was a 30 minute call. This was discussed earlier in this thread. Lefties don't listen...

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was hoping that asking again might jog a few faulty memories.

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Might want to bust out the paddles....and with that, I'm heading to the boat and starting my weekend. Gnight Irene...

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

See, you heard false information meant to cast
    doubt on the veracity of the transcript and you
    just accepted it with no details needed.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't see translators getting that call to 30 minutes. No one speaks and translates that slowly. Now maybe there is time for the President's secretary to connect to Ukraine in there and then time waiting to get both heads of state on the phone. That I would believe.

17. Spang308

The problem is those who for whatever reason dislike the president, see whatever it is that best fits their narrative of OMB rather than the more sensible explanation. I argue almost daily with a friend, that for reasons he can't even explain hates Trump. He is complete immune to facts.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is it truly faulty if you willingly don’t want to remember?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Translators would at least double the length of the call. Read up on how the transcripts are prepared, how many people are involved and the level of conspiracy that would be required to hide something, then get back to me. You don't want to believe.

20. sheepofblue

So everyone present says it is accurate. It is an official release. Yet you think it is wrong, so it is....... :cool:

In the mean time Democrats have agreed to Republicans calling witnesses. That is as long as only three things are asked and permission is granted after the request is made in writing with details. Personally if I was a Representative I would go find one of those kid toys from the 60's that looked like a pan and had a metal puck on a wire that you shook. Then I would operate that @#$#@ every second the star chamber was in session. Might even buy some for my colleagues.