1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I guess I would just assume if they could make more power with higher CR they would’ve. As seemingly other OEMs do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Long story short it’s junk, and won’t win anything and why people are losing their minds over it I still don’t understand.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ok. So reading everyone’s responses, the consensus seems to be this thing is going to basically be a turd? It impressed me reading what you guys can take away from the pictures and engine cut aways. Is it possible this bike is a phase 1? Do we think Alvaro or Leon can do anything with it? Is there possibly anything hidden which could give this bike and edge?

BigBird likes this.
  4. I don’t know about all the engine internal shit. But I don’t see why it would be a turd.

If I had to guess, I’d say it will probably put about 190hp to the wheel, stock. Granted, not Panigale or BMW numbers, but very good.

It has always had a great handling chassis, it was just slow. As long as the chassis is still good, I don’t see why it will be a turd. Quality brake and suspension, good power, and advanced electronics.

But I can’t understand why they omitted Forged wheels on the top-of-the-line model.

5. nlzmo400r

I was sort of thinking the opposite. Looks like they've made all the correct moves to make this a competitive race machine.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

99.9% of riders will be slower than the bike. It’ll still be a nice piece, once it arrives.

Dave250, BigBird and bacolmm like this.
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Looks like Davies and Pirro are working the Ducati stand today, while Bautista is working the Scorpion stand.

Meanwhile, Lowes is in full Kawasaki kit, Toprak is in Yamaha kit, and Laverty is in BMW kit. Awkward.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    BigBird, Quicktoy, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  8. JBowen33

how do you figure it’ll be a competitive race machine? ? Is it the sub par brake components or the lack of a standard auto blipper and the 2015 standard electronics package that makes you feel it will be a competitive race machine?

the SP is just street bling like the R1M no one is going to race that model

9. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Doesn't the superbike version share a nameplate and almost nothing else except engine architecture with the production model? How can anyone tell what the race version will be like until it hits the track.

Quicktoy, turbulence and stk0308 like this.
  10. nlzmo400r

Id argue the basis for a good racing machine is chassis and engine integration first and foremost. I'm obviously making assumptions, but based on previous 'fireblades' there's not a whole lot of bikes that are easier to ride fast. If that trend continues, combined with newfound horsepower that the previous model was lacking, this one should be competitive. And maybe I should clarify when I thought racing I thought SBK, not necessarily amateur racing, which I'm sure was Honda's intent.

But regarding amateur racing, what does this new bike not have, that competitors do that will clearly be a problem in superstock or superbike amateur racing? It seems to me to check all of the normal boxes.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Cause this is the beeb. We know all, just ask us. :D

Dave250, BigBird and stk0308 like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Not getting the hate either. They didn't move the goalposts forward, but they don't appear to be lacking in any area compared to the current level of competition. Obviously this is just a WAG since nobody has ridden one, but for club racing it doesn't really matter that much anyway. Pick your favorite color and ride the shit out of it.

BigBird, turbulence, scottn and 4 others like this.
  13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the whole bottom end must be stock. SBK engines these days are mostly cylinder head work and camshafts. the chassis can get gussets and the steering head bearings can be moved a little. swingarms can be changed. the remaining large part of development is in their aftermarket electronics.

classically, Honda doesnt homologate a bike for SSTK1000. so I won't be surprised if this bike is a little "meh" for trackday guys and club racers that dont have the $$ for HRC power-up kits. but I suspect HRC will really wake this bike up as a full SBK.

14. nlzmo400r

In WSBK current rules are actually pretty restrictive. Suspension, wheels and brakes are basically free (no electronic/active dampers though), so the one on TV will have different forks, shock, wheels, calipers, discs (but must be steel). The frame can be modified only by adding gussets or tubes, not by removing material. Swingarm is free provided the mounting location is as homologated (+/- 5mm)

Engine is pretty strict, but cyl head port modification by epoxy and combustion chamber modification is allowed. Cam box cannot be touched, valves and valvetrain must be as homologated. Compression ratio is free, but pistons must remain stock. Rods are free but must be of same or greater weight than stock. Bodywork must conform to the principle of the homologated shape.

15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

rods must be stock for models homologated from 2019 onwards, except for big end bolts. this is prob why Honda finally put TI rods in there.

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I like the color.
    I will wait a year and pick up a nice, low mileage used one.

17. JBowen33

It does not check all the boxes for the base version which would be the model you would buy to race at the amateur level. Compare components between the other base models and the Honda. Honda does not measure up.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

USA is only getting the SP version. And even if we got the other one, what is it missing? Has all the electronic aids, new engine etc. not seeing where it’s lacking anything.

Gorilla George and G 97 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The only thing is, according to the article America Honda will only be importing the higher spec model into the US.
    So as far as amateur racing they don’t have a choice but to race the higher spec. At least in the States.

20. nlzmo400r

US is only getting SP to my knowledge. But even the base, what’s the real difference? If you’re changing suspension, wheels and brakes to compete in superbike classes, it seems like you’re there with the best of the best anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk