1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale’s now available in the USA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gpstar748, Sep 1, 2018.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

The standard forks are a damping rod with no adjustment unless you upgrade to the adjustable preload fork caps ($199). The rear shock is fully adjustable (no linkage). However Andreani Group/Ohlins makes a cartridge kit and shock for the Ohvale which work very well. Honestly most people cannot outride the stock suspension though...

I don’t have chassis numbers. MotoSpec measured all our models at PittRace two weekends ago so we will have more of that information available for those that need to know that sort of thing...

2. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I was thinking more about adjusting the suspension for rider weight and technique, like on the NSR50, especially for a lighter kid riding at a high level. We never saw anyone who knew what they were doing outride the stock NSR50 suspension, part of why we liked that bike so much as a training tool.

I guess the question is, are these serious roadracing bikes, or just fun for hooning about?

3. gpstar748

If you're getting more technical about adjusting the suspension you'd probably want to upgrade to the Ohlins. These are serious roadracing bikes...not toys really. Plenty of people buy them for just riding at their local kart track for fun but more so they're used for youth racing and experienced racers to train with...

4. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

I am planning on getting a couple of these in the spring. a 110 auto for my kiddos and wifey to play on and maybe the 190 for myself. we race grom's locally but I feel like I'm trying hard to turn a moped into a race bike with the grom instead of having a race bike to start with. for another 3k on top of the bikes original price in parts I will be close to the 190 price tag already.

jd41 likes this.
  5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Just saw something on FB about the 2020 190 getting a 5spd box and 12” wheels. Any more info about this? Will the 160 get the 5spd? Do they come with 12” wheels or are they just now ‘available’ from Ohvale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd41 likes this.
  6. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Are the dimensions for the 190 and 160 the same?

Posted this earlier in the wrong thread.

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I've been told the only difference is the engine mounting locations and the engines/gearboxes. Otherwise all the dimensions of the models are the same.

jd41 likes this.
  8. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Senna likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

10. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

It's the exact same chassis as the Aprilia RS50 that we got from 1999-2005.

I swap 30hp CR125 motors into them... I think it's way better than a diesel!

I think for tight kart tracks the ohvale is a lot better. my RS50/125 "RMV125" wheelbase seems a little long for it, but of course I just need to be a better rider and throw the bike down harder..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So if you're really interested in something like that, buy an RS50, and lets throw a proper motor in it and build an 'RMV125' !

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    GarrettRick likes this.
  11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone know if it's possible to get a 110 sprung for an adult rider (175 with gear)? Don't need super fancy suspension, but I just don't want to bottom the thing out all the time.

12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Your local suspension guy should be more than capable of handling that task.

Did you buy the Ohlins option or is it stock?

The stock shocks are just plain garbage especially for a adult rider.

DmanSlam and Senna like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

No purchase yet. There is one by me that I’m considering. Shame about the shock.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Ohvale's come with 2 springs for the rear shock. Yellow is a kids/lighter rate spring, and the white spring is heavier/more adult rated.
    I'm 240 on my 190 (then add the gear weight) and I got the adjustable fork caps in front and the white spring in the rear. I added a little preload
    front and rear with the adjusters and I'm fine having fun on the kart track with mine on occasion when I have time to go play.

Actually, probably going to ride mine this coming Sunday morning, actually.

Senna likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

good to know! This would be something to get more seat time in when the big track isn’t open. It doesn’t have to be perfect.

16. gpstar748

Just get a K175 spring for the stock rear shock.

The stock rear shock is not garbage contrary to what was said above. Almost no professional riders who use the Ohvale’s to train use anything but the stock rear shock.

If you need a K175 (white) spring I have them in stock.

Email [email protected]

tempestm and Senna like this.
  17. StaccatoFan

The ONLY thing I'd like to see changed in the Ohvale's is for the 190's and MAYBE 160's is dual disc brakes in front.

18. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I’ll still stand by my statement. The STANDARD Oh-vale suspension ESPECIALLY the front is laughable. Open that pocket book to equal what their competitors offer as standard.

If you want dual front brakes and WAY better engineering there are better options than a OH-vale. Especially for a adult rider.

19. StaccatoFan

upload_2022-7-30_11-33-0.jpeg

20. gpstar748

lol