1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle batteries

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I have a AGM currently almost 4 years old off ebay for 30 bucks. It has never let me down. Chromebattery AGM 30 bucks on ebay. The thing won’t quit. I’m picking up a new lithium for next season I’m tired of waiting for it to go bad. Before this chrome I’ve never had any motorcycle battery last me over 2 seasons and always bought Yuasa from the local shop. If your on a budget try one. Heck I’d give mine away but it’s almost 4years old.
    Oh it’s never seen a tender never been on a charger and has sat in the shed in the bike every winter. I do start it a couple times during the winter if I happen to be working in the shed and have the heater on for a few hours.
    I plan to go with alliant being they have a built in balance circuit.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Then you aren't doing something right. I got 9 years out of the original battery in my TL and it wasn't done then. It was just getting sluggish and I didn't want to get stuck somewhere.

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Same plant maybe, definitely not the same battery grade. Case in point, walmart batteries are shit but made by Johnson control, same place makes some of the best batteries on the market. Just the same as people saying China shit sucks, it's not China, its who's specing what is made is the problem. They are just playing the money game is all. People are stupid and will spend 75$ twice in the same time frame a 100$ battery would last.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. Banditracer

Yeah, I know. I might have been trying to stir up a little shit... :D

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Ugh, I had a busy damn day too.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

[​IMG]
    none of these...lol

7. Banditracer

Sorry man. :beer:

8. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Just buy one 8 cell small case lithium battery and put it in which ever bike you want to ride. It's too hard to keep up with a bunch of batteries when you can only ride one bike at a time.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

The
    Im not now either though, but thinking back my original 02 R1 battery did last the whole time I owned the bike as well which was 5 years or so.