1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is a series of dogs...

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Dec 14, 2016.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

Damn Mongo you have let Pandora out of the BOX! Big Thanks IMG_1713.jpg 2013-11-25_14-16-49_906.jpg IMG_1717.jpg

2. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

PS and I am allergic to every one of them but I'm not giving up my dogs.

SpeedyE, BigBird, masshole and 3 others like this.
  3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Cold weather brings o
    Since we don't have a fireplace/stove, our critters bundle together for warmth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SpeedyE and masshole like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And every time you
    Kinda looks like the cat is top dog. :crackup:

panthercity likes this.
  5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Since it's near Christmas I'll mention our Labrador, ol' Duke, who grew up with our 5 kids, a real member of the family. They all picked him out together and he was a big part of our family. He had been failing for a while but chose Christmas Eve 5 years ago of all nights to finally reach the end of the road. Fortunately we were all together and just leaving for church when he slipped into semi consciousness, so instead, we all went to the vet to say goodbye. I'm a softy so everyone but me was in the room when the vet put him down, but it was a good way and a good time for all of us to say goodbye.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Cats and Dogs sleeping together.....anarchy I say.

panthercity likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Probably right, but still not a good reason.

I was bit by a German Shepard, on my face, at 5 years old. The surgeon said he stopped counting stitches once he went over 300 or 500, I can't remember. I had 6-7 surgeries over the years to make it better and luckily didn't lose vision in my left eye. The plastic surgeon said you wouldn't be able to see the scars when I started high school, but they are still visible.

Anyway, I love dogs and fortunately, am not scared of them.

SpeedyE and SundaySocial like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not ""MY"" dog, but one of my buds nonetheless.

RIP Jack... you will be missed. ❤️

[​IMG]

SpeedyE and Razr like this.
  9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Oh, not necessarily. I like dogs, had some in the past who lived long and happy lives. I don't get the whole treating them like children thing, and I have no desire to own more. Like 'em, don't want 'em.

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Sorry for your loss

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

#1 Awesome!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    THis just made my morning:rock:

bwhip likes this.
  12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Yeah, it was weird to see this thread revived. Dee has been on my mind a lot ( we ended up losing her a few months later), but the dog we picked up that day has been a comfort to everyone.

13. SpeedyE

Oh, Brother I am sorry.....first time I saw the thread and only read your first post....it made my morning, made me smile.
    I am so sorry <3
    I am glad she facilitated you in saving another lost baby :)
    <3

14. SpeedyE

+2
    RIP Panther <3

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

No worries - all good memories here

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

All y'all and your bald dogs :rtfrb:
    DSC_7503_reduced.jpg
    This guy was a Flyball Grand Champion before his passing. The other two are just there to soak up attention now.

Shocker, SpeedyE and Yzasserina like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said "love," not "own." There are plenty of good reasons for someone who loves dogs to not want to have one.

lee955i, SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My border collie approves of all fuzzy dog posts. How did you get into the flyball thing? My pup needs a job. I'm thinking agility trials or canine biathlon with my son.

SpeedyE and sheepofblue like this.
  20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Kind of by accident there is a local club that I thought agility and the instructor was pretty much an ass when I talked to him including recommending a prong collar on a Sheltie (against club policy I later learned). I saw flyball and decided to check it out. Did not see a local team and went to B'ham for a tournament and the club leader said why aren't you talking to team that is local. Introduced us and Sca ran for years (the B'ham captain joked on how our captain owed her, everyone loved Sca even anti-Sheltie people).

If you are interested check out NAFA and U-Fli as they are the two organizations. They are both good with advantages and disadvantages, around here NAFA is FAR more active in Michigan I think the opposite is true. Look up a tournament and visit. It is a team sport for the most part so the people on the team is important. PM me if you have questions, lots of BCs in it. Like most dog sports it is a little female dominated but that can be good at times.