1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, she was being nice and talking straight rental cost, that is usually enough to get people to understand what we're up against. When they don't is when I bring up the other expenses. Basically total costs at the expensive ones run 20-25 thousand a day, sometimes higher. Cheap ones are still 13-15k per day.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

CMP and tally still cost 13k a day?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Total expenses for an event day yeah. CMP is more than Talladega but don't have those figures near me.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

What about tracks like Gingerman? I helped put on a drift event there a few years ago and it was about $8-10K/day.

This was my first year racing, and I ran CCS Midwest Region (got help from friends and a team as long as i ran that series)

However, next year they only seam to be running BlackHawk Farms the whole time aside from Round 1.. I dont really feel like running the same track over and over again..

So as of now I plan to convert to WERA. ( I live in west MI so Grattan is super close anyway, as well as Gman)

I know CCS use to run Gman but they stopped..

I'm new/ish to bike racing but I spent a long time racing cars.. Just spit balling here..

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every time we rent Gingerman less people show up than come to Grattan. I don't get it.

Blackhawk was/is always tough being on the other side of Chicago for the majority of our racers up that way. Also not really enough racers on that side of the lake for both us and CCS to draw from so splitting things up would just hurt us both and that does no one any good.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And didn’t Gingerman even repave and expand the track?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. No change in turnouts for us and I'd guess CCS too. Same as CMP and redoing the tight sections that had the most complaints.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

as there a tentative schedule ready to release for 2020?

9. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

DBConz likes this.
  10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

damn, so nothing at VIR or NJMP again.
    the reason why i got my WERA license.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NJMP is just too expensive and VIR had no dates for us :(

12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

She is asking to make plans for July.
    I am wondering if the dates for Buttonwillow have been finalized.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No but thanks for the reminder - had some email issues in the fall and have to double check things.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, did I not do a 2020 schedule thread? Oh well, Buttonwillow will be August 15-16. Looked at the normal temp cycle and hopefully it'll be a better shot a cooler than mid July was. Of course my date selection was limited because I'm an idiot...