1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much $$$ Would You Pay to Ride a Current GP Bike???

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 2, 2019.

1. :stupid:

Monster of a bike, new track, different tires, so on and so forth. I wouldn't want just one shot at it. Even if it was "worth the money", the 1-session thing would be a deal breaker.

SpeedyE and JBraun like this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday to ride your Moto GP bike today :D

3. All depends on the agreement of crash damage, especially after seeing some guys Panigale R after a low side :) Considering I had to take a moment to myself to walk to the back side of the trailer to shed a tear I private

4. Is it negotiable?

Like "instead of $x for 1x 6-lap session, what if I pay $x for 3x 6-lap sessions".

Ive been thinking about it some more and I really think one session wouldn't be worth it, regardless of the bike. Hell, I rarely even enjoy riding my own new bikes in the very first session...and I know the tracks. It takes a little bit to let the nerves wear off, get used to the feel of the brakes/throttle, let your body grow accustomed to the ergos, so on and so forth.

IMO, that can't be accomplished in 6-laps...especially when you don't know the track, have no reference markers, etc.

I understand all of that might not be important because we won't be racing the bike, but I think it would be all too much to take in during just one 10-min session. If I am dropping thousands, I want to enjoy it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nothing. It'd maim me.

Give me a year to train and come back with the same offer to ride a moto3 bike and I might write you a check.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

That bike is so laughably beyond my skill set it’d be a waste of everyone’s time.

I’d pay a few hundred to get dressed up in leathers and get my pic taken on it while I rev the piss out of it on stands, though.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ride a full blown MGP bike...:crackup:
    How about just pose on one with the umbrella girls?

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Rent a Moto 2 bike for a day would be something I think a lot of people would be interested in and way more within the skill set of the avg. racer to use.

5axis, JBall and pscook like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

There probably a bunch of guys on here that would pay a ton just to sit on Valantino's bike and have their balls in the same place as his.....

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’d pay but like others have said, I’d want a 1/2 day on it or at least 2 sessions to get a feel for it. How much? Depends on the bike and the track. My first pick would be Fabios Yamaha at Phillip Island. 2nd would be Dovis Duc at Mugello.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

It’s about available packages you will be able to add on to your V4SL purchase. Price point in my earlier post.

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Working up a business plan with Ducati Kevin?

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I would choose to ride Crutchlow's bike, because between the two of us...

we are both going to place it in the gravel and his team has personnel in place to assist once "parked"

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All you guys who want a lot more time on it have secret delusions that you will actually make meaningful improvements throughout the day by sharing your valuable feedback with the crew and eventually get to the point where some Ducati guy in attendance will "discover" you. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I mean, seriously, the plan of something like that is not to see how well you could go on it. The answer is already known. This is about having an opportunity to do something about 99.9% of race fans will never have a chance to do. You will have firsthand knowledge of how hard that the power hits, and how crazy the brakes are. That's about it.

Oh, and when you're watching a race with your friends, you can point at the TV and say "yeah, I rode that." :D

SpeedyE, Phl218, rd49 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Plus I'd want to run some soft pirellis or something so I don't high side myself to the moon on cold tires like MM in Q2 since I'd never build enough heat into a proper GP tire.

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

18. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I’d much rather pay to ride a 500cc 2stroke moto gp bike myself. No restrictions!!

19. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Freaking hilarious!!

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Probably want to have Brembo provide iron rotors and matching brake pads too. There has been many fast guys that hopped on GP machinery and could not get the brakes up to working temperature. The main one that comes to mind is Scott Russell going from running at the front in World Superbike to Suzuki GP after Schwantz retired and initially not being able to get the brakes hot enough to work properly.

SpeedyE likes this.