1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That it was a Muslim ban.

cav115 and brex like this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So because it's called a "Muslim" ban and not a "travel" ban, it's incorrect? We can all agree it was designed to fulfill his campaign promise of banning Muslims from entering the country, no? If that's the "fact" that is causing you all not to read the remainder of the article, I'd humbly submit that the title of the ban is subjective and the most honest descriptor of it would be a "Muslim" ban (with Venezuela and one or two others thrown in there as a red herring).

upload_2019-11-2_9-22-32.png

upload_2019-11-2_9-21-56.png

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It was a ban on persons from countries who demonstrated a dearth of accountability on maintaining accurate documentation on who their citizenry are.

But of course, you’re going to see what you want to see.

gixxerreese and K51000 like this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

As long as Muslims from others countries were allowed, which they were/are, it is NOT a Muslim ban. Try again.

K51000 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And how amazingly timely...

Was Malaysia on the travel ban list? You know, the country with the greatest population of Muslims?

K51000 likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm not arguing that your carefully worded explanation of the ban is accurate; I'm saying that pretending as though he wasn't trying to effectively ban Muslims (when his own tweets say that was the goal and it only morphed into a "travel" ban to be "politically correct") is intellectually disingenuous. But yes, a literal reading of the ban in a vacuum and without regard for Trump's own prior statements and campaign promises, it was indeed (simply) a "travel ban".

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You say “carefully”, everyone not having apoplectic fits over OMB would say “accurate”.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think I see what your problem is.
    You don't understand English.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

To start with it implied that Trump chose the countries based upon commercial interests. The fact is that the list was compiled under Obama. Further if you look at the exclusions; Turkey a NATO country and not as dictatorial as now; UAE actually a decently peaceful country for the region; Saudi while I can think of reasons to not exclude them they are an ally and the support such as excluding them dates back far before Trump.
    Yates: SHE WORKS for the president. She is not the supreme court and while I would support someone not carrying out what they consider an unlawful order she went far beyond that and deserved to be fired. Remember these people serve at the presidents discretion, this was true of previous presidents and in many cases the turnover was much harsher than anything Trump has done. For instance the firing of ALL district attorneys by a predecessor.
    Lastly the part about Trump being wrong about the Obama administration wiretapping Trump Tower. We know for a fact that a crap ton of spying was done on his campaign by Obama. There is even debate as to whether there was deliberate attempts at entrapment including the use of foreign spies.

So yes the article was a bunch of crap on a good day.

G 97, Quicktoy and K51000 like this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If it was a Muslim bad why was Indonesia not included? Nor India or Pakistan? These are the top three Muslim populations in the world. Could it be they are not sending people here to kill us and dancing in the street singing death to America? Just a thought :Poke:

Quicktoy, aaronson and K51000 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck. Dammit. Indonesia, not Malaysia.

I eat that plate of crow.

12. In Your Corner

Blame it on dealing with 2 kids.

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You had MotoGP on your mind

K51000 likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. You’re a liar. Way to twist. I hate liars. So does god.

SuddenBraking and Fonda Dix like this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

gixxerreese likes this.
  16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

When they got rid of the orchestra and added constant plugs for Disney and other ABC stuff, the show lost me. The judges have gotten mad at contestants hanging around that can't dance worth a crap before so that is nothing new. While for some this may be political, I imagine the judges are just upset that someone that can't dance worth a crap is still in the contest at the quarter finals.

20. In Your Corner

I'm surprised anyone takes the show seriously.