1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's trading in their car first?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I really like my 04 Honda Civic Hybrid. I got it in May 2018 for 1200 bucks. It had 160k and I have put about 14k on it. Drove round trip from VA to Ft Myers, FL for 75 bucks (1800 miles). I will take the best if both ICE and electric. :beer:

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This is it. And its that simple. Our power grid is too fragile. With the anti nuclear lobby, anti coal lobby and anti oil lobby, how in the fuck do these dipshits plan to power these cars?

BigBird likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

With your tax dollars, duh.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

My tax dollars only power so many kilowatts per hour:D

BigBird likes this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Well then we need more out of you!
    Taxes are meant to be punitive and drive projects based on feelings!

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not being a total Dik, but what would the folks with no power in California do to charge their cars now that the power is shut down..adding to the already strained infrastructure does not seem like a good plan.

418 likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You have not hit on a flaw of the electric car cult, rather, you have hit on a feature.

Autonomy and electric power gives an insane amount of control over us.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

This is an announcement from The Minister of Electricity.."The power grid will be shut down for an undetermined period of time, during this outage travel will be limited to Bicycles, Pedestrian and Governmental Transportation, Please be ready to show your ID, and Travel Documents "

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The EV companies should pay to upgrade the
    electric system since sales of their vehicles will
    force upgrades in heavy usage areas.
    If you and all your neighbors buy EVs it's
    doubtful what's on the poles will support the
    new usage level.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cute, but they don't need to see your papers.

They're already tracking your every move with that phone you take everywhere.

Britt likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

By this time they are pretty Fkn bored.. House, Shop, House, shop.. deliver to Marietta, home, shop, repeats over and over.

speeddaddy and Banditracer like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine might get turned on once a month if they're lucky. Other wise it's sitting on the island in the kitchen.

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Syracuse area
    I’ve been spending the last 2 days processing my renewable energy storage
    I got a load of logs delivered

Banditracer likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm 150 miles north, between Canton and Ogdensburg, 10 miles from the Canucks.
    I did my renewable energy thing yesterday, 15 face cord that was stacked outside thrown in and stacked in the cellar.

15. auminer

I picked up my two cords I'll need next winter after the storms blew down a bunch of trees around DFW.

I also found ... not sure if ~1/8 cord is actually a measurement... but anyway, a whole pëach tree. Now to look at end-of-season deals on smokers.

(take THAT, Mongo...:D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

The electrical grid can't cope with CURRENT power demands in major cities with rolling brown outs...what in the hell do you think will happen when everyone plugs in their car to recharge is going to do......idiots will do anything to further an agenda.

BigBird likes this.
  18. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

https://www.statista.com/statistics/731659/number-of-sold-passenger-cars-in-norway/

Looks like around 150,000 year

Finding a state with similar population:
    Norway population: 5.3M
    Minnesota population: 5.6M

Minnesota had 250,000 new vehicles sold last year. https://autoalliance.org/in-your-state/MN/

Norway has incentives for buying electric: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/02/7091...-norway-making-up-nearly-60-of-sales-in-march
    From that article "And then there are the incentives. For years, Norwegians who opted for a zero-emissions car enjoyed a wealth of benefits, including an exemption from sales, import and road taxes." "Those policies have changed, but owners of electric and other zero-emissions cars still face only up to 50 percent of the going rate for tolls and parking."

So the high end electric vehicles are subsidized.[/QUOTE]

So the oil rich country, where gas (petrol) should be inexpensive, pays $7.00 US/gallon https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Norway/gasoline_prices/
    This ought to be interesting- the country supporting itself with oil money is legislating its demise.

G 97 likes this.
  19. auminer

Nobody ever accused liberals of having any good sense.

20. Pete Busch

Pete Busch Active Member

You guys are arguing over the wrong thing which is exactly what they want us doing. This proposal, like all others, has NOTHING to do with whats in our best interest or climate change and is just one more way to filter our tax dollars into the wrong hands.