1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 17 | Phillip Island | Stoner Country | Oct 25-27

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 21, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I get a kick out of the position graphics shuffling like a stack of cards ever time they pass a timing beacon.....

Some good racing this weekend for sure. Marc is still on a completely different level, though.......must be a wonderful feeling knowing that you can stay at the front at about 90-95% of the limit and have that little extra at the end to force your will and break the spirit of your competition.

That pass on Vinales across start/finish for the final lap was like watching Ninja 400 versus a gixxer thou' at a novice trackday.....

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

To me the only thing that prevented MM from getting a long lap penalty for that "pass" on Crutchlow was the amazing save by Crutchlow after he got punted. That was a dangerous BS pass and it was pretty clear that it wasn't necessary. MM had plenty of speed make a clean pass and run down anyone at the front.

Senna likes this.
  3. rwdfun

rwdfun

The atmosphere in parc ferme was amazing. I'll take a podium like that every race. Vinales would have been a Debbie downer

masshole, BigBird, Quicktoy and 2 others like this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I loved Marc egging Jack on as he pulled into parc ferme. :crackup:

pscook, Cawk Star, masshole and 3 others like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

you think a long lap penalty would have made the outcome any different? :Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It’d be fun to see him take 2 or 3

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

And by that time Viñales would be long gone...

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

not when MM93 was riding at like 75%

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well the last time MM had to come from behind, he bulldozed his way bad enough that he earned another penalty

track wagon and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Did you see the kid in moto3 have to take the long lap twice ? The first long lap he exited out of it wrong and went over the green curb . They sent another message on the dashboard to redo it .

BigBird likes this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If Vale would have pulled that move (and he has dozens of times in his career) most everyone would claim it brilliant.

Bugslayer, MVA25, Slider82 and 7 others like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When the Yellow Puta does it, it is brilliant. :moon: :Poke:

track wagon and motion like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

No. Get your uncalled infractions correct. When the yellow Puta cuts the course people call it brilliant.

14. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

MM states as much in a post-race interview. He didn't want MV to get a small gap on him, so he made a "strong move" on Cal.

It's interesting that we do want riders to rough up other riders to get to the front or fight for wins, but take exception when MM does it.

track wagon likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It's the "Anyone but" effect, and I'm guilty of it sometimes. Anyone but Rossi for the win so I wouldn't have to skim over a bunch of splooge filled posts :D

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This ain’t club racing.

there was nothing wrong with that pass. Mm had a hole and when cal came down to close it, it was already taken.
    Mm didn’t hit him.

Laz, track wagon, MVA25 and 2 others like this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Methunk Cal over reacted actually....

Mindewe, with that type of corner (Luky Heights), I'm pretty sure the effect of being stood up is exacerbated...

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

i mean the man said that his crash last year there affected him all season, so it's possible he overreacted

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No doubt....

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why skim, when you can slurp? ;)