1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja ZX-25R

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Oct 23, 2019.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I seem to recall thinking I saw a mini flat track race that had a minimum bike and rider weight of 400 pounds on XR100's that was a total riot to watch.

2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

100% I'm all about minimum rider weight these days! lol

SGVRider, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I have my doubts this thing is coming to the US. Apparently Indonesia (where it’s being built) taxes the shit out of anything larger than 250CC, so it makes sense to build as powerful a 250 as you could.

It’s also not on Kawi USA’s FB page, and the ZH2 is.

gixxerboy55 and BigBird like this.
  4. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Part of me wants a good middleweight elligble twin. Come on Ducati. Drop it to an 800 or 750 and we got something

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

RS660 may push them to do so.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You'll never know what it's like if you don't try it. I've seen big dudes SLAY a track on small bikes. The rush is stupid awesome.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

But if the big dudes are racing against 90-125lb kids or some of those guys who race CB160s that consume only Marlboros and Hills Bros coffee as their diets all they are creating a draft.

8. Im sure it is fun, and i have actually thought about it. But it would be a lot of effort to do something where I know I am at a huge disadvantage. As much as I love riding and racing, I hate losing even more.

The common equation is 7lbs = 1hp. To some of the littleass men, and kids, that means I would be giving up 10-20hp...on bikes that only make 25-35hp.

That would be like racing in C-SS Expert, on a bike that only made 50-60hp. Sure, the right rider, on the right (very small/short) track might be able to hang in there for a little while, but it would be a lost cause.

BigBird likes this.
  9. I have always said I wish they would adapt the oversquare V2 Panigale motor into a 749R (Twins can run up to 749cc in MW/SS classes).

It would be narrow, compact, light, and probably be in the 130hp, 65ft/lbs range. Throw the same Ohlins, Brembo, and Marchesini shit on it...and that would be a badass bike.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I think they should build it, but only with white wheels and make you sign an agreement you can't change them. :-:

Seriously, the 250 sounds like fun. Nothing like wringing the neck of something like that. I've had a lot of fun riding under-powered bikes like an RC390.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Hold up! We can post videos on any threads now? Last time I did that I got banned o_O

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Motorcycle-related content only. Otherwise the banneth hammer cometh.

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh! Got it. Carry on! :)

14. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Math doesn't always predict race results. At 200lbs without gear I've beaten many a lightweight youngster considered "fast" on a bone stock NSR50 over the years. It's definitely a battle of skills and wits, that's what attracts so many to mini and small displacement racing. Occasionally a rider with very good skills and light weight will kick your ass, sure. Meanwhile it's fun to get out there and teach kids to respect their elders, especially mid-corner.

15. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Still have mine. Commuted on it today actually. [emoji1303]

There’s no way this 250 is putting out more than 50 at the wheel. My guess is a bit below 55 at the crank.

BigBird and shakazulu12 like this.
  16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is still better than new Taiwan steel :)

KrooklynSV likes this.
  17. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

And still slower around the track than a 25 year old RS125.

5axis likes this.
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I beat Jigalov on my FZR.........then he cleaned my clock when I tried to keep up on an ex500:bow:. That’s a great kid and my personal favourite out of all the young up and coming kids. I was totally impressed with him when he made his dad drive through the paddock to find me just to shake hands and he was really intrigued by the FZR and was asking all kinds of questions about it. Such a genuinely polite and well mannered kid. That’s one of my most favourite race weekend memories right up there with any podium finishes. But back to the point I hover between 205-225 average nowadays and do fine on a little, yet heavy inline 4.........so I’m all in on the minimum rider weight class:D

BigBird likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

They do look like a ton of fun!

20. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Thought about starting a thread on this ninja 250 about a month ago but thought it was not coming to the states. I hope it does. If so I’ll buy one for the wife being I love playing on her bikes so much.