1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simone Corsi @ ROC on R6

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Oct 18, 2019.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

My first year racing was 03 and I was at Daytona too on a LTWT mind you. I ran a rain front and slick rear. Seemed to work.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Seems like a down year in ridership? Besides the rain were grids a lot smaller?

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Looks like a few of the classes had smaller than normal entries..............but the MW+ vintage classes actually had somewhat decent grids for a change,which surprised me.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I gave myself a nice TBI in the rain back in March when it was my first time there so I chose to sit out the GTU Am race there on Saturday. Afterwards I said I should have gone out there on my DOTs and tiptoed on the apron (GT races you need to get to the halfway point to get points). The conditions were worse than when I crashed in March during that race (turn 6 was a pond) and I still had races on Sunday.

Made up for it on Sunday by winning amateur Middleweight SB and Heavyweight SS races on a stock motor GSXR 600. If I hadnt screwed up my launch during the GP Middleweight race, I would have opened the same gap on the first lap as the other races and broke the draft.

NemesisR6, Quicktoy and SpeedyE like this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmao

renegade17 likes this.
  6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/100000919088487/posts/3446572158716720?sfns=mo

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Corsi was a last minute fill in rider for the newly formed Squid Hunter Racing team. Robertino Pietri had contacted them earlier this year about putting one of his young riders from CEV on the bike for 2020 D200. Last minute, flights booked for this weekends ROC, the riders manager/mgmt said there was some conflict in his contract and he couldn't come. Tino being the stand up guy he is, found a "capable" sub in motogp 125cc class championship runner up, and moto2 guy Simone Corsi on a day or 2 notice. :) SUPER nice guy, no drama, never excited, calm, and first trip to Daytona.

Peter Strack is just a guy wanting to be involved in racing after doing a year as an AM, and has some extra play money following the sale of his business. Some health issues keep him from racing now, but he's loving being involved in some way.. Jordan Strange is the other half of "Squid hunter Racing". He and his dad have had a shop near the speedway for years, and Jordan has become quite the mechanic, and i saw this all last year.. and jump on the opportunity to have him rebuild my bike after destroying it in practice this time last year at Daytona. The guys are having fun, and that's the name of the game. Personally, i would have liked to see a US rider on their bike, and they did this last march, but without going into details, it was less than a perfect marriage for the guys, between the rider and the rider's mechanic that he brought along.

Track conditions were sweet on Friday, and Simone was in the 50's at days end. Saturday, after huge storm, they had planned to not even ride. mid morning they were starting to call it a day, but i told em "just roll around and come in and get some pit stop practice in for the 200".. but the track did start drying, and they went ahead with the plan to do the full race. Obviously everyone's lap times were off (even Lloyd Baily and other 1000cc guys were in the 52's) everyone was just happy it wasn't raining. Simone avoided the paint altogether in the chicane, and there was some standing water entering the the barrel turn. I know it was a ton of fun for Christian Miranda chasing him around most of the race. they traded the lead a lot during the race but neither were near their times from Friday.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    BigBird, sbk1198, C-rod and 5 others like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Neat to see him there, I bet it was an experience for him too. Dont think there are any ovals that mtoorcycles race in Europe.

Quicktoy and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. MELK-MAN

the bike Jordan built is legit.. and there's 2 of em :) Yea, he's tryin to go round the outside of me here.. :)

[​IMG]

Steeltoe, BigBird, sanee and 6 others like this.
  10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

My very 1st race at Daytona was the GTL race at ROC in the pouring rain (1998?). Made it all the way to the exit of the chicane on the warmup lap before high siding myself right out of the race! lol

Quicktoy and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. MELK-MAN

I crashed TWICE in one race in the rain there in 06 :cool:
    First crash on start, couldn't figure out why everyone was going so slow into T1, then it hit me... the pavement that is. Got up and going, someone else crashed and red flag. Rolled up for restart, like you, flicked myself to the moon exiting the chicane. I was the red flag that time as my bike was on the track.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

"Trying" or "doing"? Whatd you think of his riding compared to other club guys?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Any idea of the build on that bike? I'm assuming it's SS legal since I believe he ran it in SS races. Stock motor though, or no? Good job to you and the others who beat him though. That says a lot for the pace you, Farrell, Jones, and Angles have! Looked like you guys had a few fun races, and it's cool to see our club guys racing with a Moto 2 star! :)

14. MELK-MAN

Full meal deal supersport Brian livengood motors in both bikes. whatever he does for his builds, its more than i ever paid to have a ss motor built, but ceramic bearings are part of the cost.. mapped for mr12 fuel for now and for the d200

Gorilla George and sbk1198 like this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Would that qualify as clapped out?

Steeltoe, BigBird and The Great One like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

LOL ! :crackup:

the superbike got a frame up "resto" after i crashed in the chicane on the wet paint last October. All the bearings, new wire harness, all kinds of stuff that wasn't broke or bent still got replaced, and lots of stuff that WAS broke or bent obviously was replaced. SS bike is getting that treatment after the GNF :) (hopefully won't need to replace "bent/broken", just gonna replace everything including wire harness just cause).

17. MELK-MAN

he passed me in nearly every corner BUT exit of T1 this weekend . :) He tried, but i had that one pretty well dialed. (he did pass me entering t1 a few times).

The riding style is really smooth, effortless. You don't see anything exciting going on, his riding is boring and deceivingly fast. Looking at some of his data, his braking is pretty insane and near instantly goes to mega psi. Lines are really swoopy and paint to paint. I started doing the entrance to the west horseshoe differently after 15 years, watching him do what he does there..

He does ride really close to ya, and if there's any opening at all, he's comin through. He got one rider pretty riled up while they were fighting for the ASRA sportbike win, but it was all pretty darn clean from my perspective... I started every race in front of him on the grid, and I never had an issue with him, and we went back and forth in various spots more than a few times. I think it's kinda cool to have someone that's done what he's done, where he's done it, racing with us cluber's.

BigBird, SpeedyE, cBJr and 14 others like this.
  18. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

For the love of ALL that is racing........ Greg, GET YOUR AZZ IN THE DAYTONA 200 ALREADY!!! :cool:

19. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

125, 250, and 500 action with no traction controls!

20. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Back when you wrenched on a 250.